A New Scarf // Blitzstone

Hearthstone watched as Blitzen walked a customer around the shop. Although, he couldn't hear what the dwarf was saying, the animated hand gestures told him that his friend was excited. It didn't come as a surprise to Hearth, the clothing shop had been Blitzen's dream for as long as he could remember. 

Blitz waved as the customer left with the promise to come back with some friends. 

He turned to Hearth with a smile. Then he noticed something and frowned. Where's your scarf? he signed. 

Hearth ducked his head slightly. Lost. he signed back. Of course, that wasn't the real reason. If he was being honest, he just wanted Blitzen to make him another one. He loved it when Blitzen made him a new scarf. Though he couldn't really explain why. But he would definitely never tell Blitz that. 

Blitzen grumbled something and went to the back of the shop. Hearth followed him. 

Blitz was already comparing scarves to what Hearth was currently wearing by the time he had made it to the dwarf's side. 

He finally decided on a blue and white striped scarf and began to drape it over the elf's shoulders. Hearth leaned down slightly so the dwarf would have an easier time reaching. 

At one point, Blitzen's hand brushed against his neck and Hearth felt a shiver go down his spine. It's not like the dwarf's hands were cold though, so why was he shivering? 

"There," Blitzen said aloud. "That's better. Now you have at least some color." He inspected Hearth's outfit again. Then he tugged on Hearthstone's leather jacket. "I can make this a whole lot better you know." 

Hearth shook his head stubbornly. His jacket was perfectly fine. Thank you very much. 

"Come on, Hearth," Blitz pleaded. 

Hearth crossed his arms. He put a hand on the scarf then signed. Enough

Blitzen facepalmed. "Just let me see the jacket, Hearth." 

Hearth shook his head again. 

They kept arguing until it turned into more of a poking match than an actual argument. 

Finally, Blitz gave in. "Fine," he huffed. "if you don't want me to improve that jacket, so be it." He gave Hearth a fake pout. 

Hearth rolled his eyes, but the corners of his mouth twitched upwards. Blitzen's face broke out into a smile, and he playfully shoved the elf. The elf shoved back except he may have shoved a little too hard because the dwarf toppled over. 

Hearth rushed to help his friend to his feet. 

Blitz let Hearth haul him to his feet. 

Hearth didn't realize how close together they were until they were standing. Their noses were almost touching. 

For a minute they just stared at each other. Finally, Hearth leaned down to close the distance, kissing the dwarf. Blitz kissed back and Hearth finally realized that his feelings toward his friend weren't merely platonic.