Shrimpzilla vs. The King of the Monsters

Percy Jackson POV 

You know, when I heard that the Skolopendra (aka Shrimpzilla) was seen off the coast of Manhattan Island, I just wanted to ignore it and take a nap instead of fighting the freaking thing. 

Nevertheless, I got up, grabbed Riptide and headed down to the pier. 

Sure enough, Shrimpzilla was attacking the pier. 

I sighed and uncapped Riptide. I slashed at the giant monster. 

Shrimpzilla knocked me aside pretty easily. I grumbled as I pulled myself to my feet. I turned to the beast just in time to see it once again disappear under the water's surface. 

Not wanting to let it get away, I dove in after it. 

The sight I was met with was something that I was not prepared for. 

Instead of Shrimpzilla just floating there waiting for me, it was locked in battle with an even bigger creature. The other creature resembled that of some prehistoric creature, more specifically a dinosaur, though I couldn't tell which one. 

Shrimpzilla let out a squeal. The other monster's dorsal fines began to glow as if something was powering up. The monster opened its mouth and a beam of light shot out, blasting straight into Shrimpzilla's face. 

Shrimpzilla was immediately reduced to golden dust. 

The other monster seemed to sense me because it turned to face me. 

I froze where I was. Normally monsters didn't intimidate me this much, but something told me that this was no ordinary monster. 

It flashed its dorsal fins at me. I could only guess it was some kind of intimidation display. 

I raised my hands, palms up, to show it that I wasn't a threat. 

I tried to communicate with it telepathically, sending the message through the water. I mean you no harm. 

The monster seemed amused by this. 

You could not harm me human, it replied. 

I shot a look at the golden dust that was slowly disappearing with the slight current. I can tell. 

There was a silence between the monster and me. It seemed to be studying me. 

You are no ordinary human, it said. 

I smirked. You have no idea how 'not ordinary' I am. I paused then added, who are you anyway? 

Humans have given me the name Godzilla. it told me. I am the king of the monsters, and I intend to keep it that way.