Nicky Wen

(no mist! mortals also know about the gods/goddesses!) 

Nicky POV 

Hi, my name is Nicole Wen, but I go by Nicky. I am bigender and my pronouns are she/they, but you won't be seeing a lot of they/them pronouns because the author can't be bothered to write with them. (A/N: no offense to anyone who prefers they/them pronouns or anything else! This is just easier for me.) I have short dark brown hair and brown eyes. I have never met my mother, though my dad insists that is for the best. Being honest, I don't really care, but whatever. I am diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia. Fun stuff right there. Let's see what else . . . Oh! And I love art and drawing. 

Moving on, I go to Goode Highschool with my best (and only) friend, Percy Jackson. Like me, Percy is also diagnosed with ADHD and dyslexia so we both get bullied constantly. Percy always defends me though which is nice. He's a great friend. 

Percy, despite being bullied, is still one of the most sought-after guys in the school. He's not interested though. He has a girlfriend named Annabeth who I've met a few times. She's really nice. 

And before you say anything, I do NOT have a crush on him. Ew. 

Okay, now that we're done with that, on with the story! 

I was waiting for Percy to come out of the locker room after his swim practice. I didn't really have any interest in it, but I liked to support him and use the time to draw. 

That's when Paris showed up. 

Paris Walker is the Queen Bee of the school and ever since the Greek Gods revealed themselves she's been telling everyone that she is the daughter of Iris, goddess of Beauty and Queen of the Gods. (<< this was painful to write) 

"What are you doing?" she asked in her sickly sweet voice. 

"Waiting for Percy," I replied, not really paying attention. 

Paris crossed her arms. "You know you don't have a chance with him," she said. "He's mine." 

"He has a girlfriend," I snapped. 

Paris rolled her eyes. "Everyone knows she's fake," said Paris. "He's just waiting for the right girl, aka me, to ask him out." 

"Then why haven't you?" 

Paris's face turned red. "Do you know who you're talking to, mortal?!" she exclaimed. "I am the daughter of Iris, Queen of the Gods and Goddess of Beauty! You should be bowing down to me!" 

Percy came out of the locker room, just in time to humiliate the so-called 'demigod'. "First of all, you don't know $h!t about Greek mythology from what I just hear. Second or all, I am not yours. I have a girlfriend and she's coming to pick up me and Nicky today." 

She is? Why wasn't I aware of this? 

"Third of all, you have both your parents," He held up a hand to shut Paris up before she could protest. "I know that from all the pictures you post online of them and bragging about how rich you are. So, there is no way in Hades that you are a demigod." 

Paris was left wide-eyed and slack jawed as Percy pulled me away from them and out the door. 

Annabeth was indeed waiting for us outside in a van that had 'Delphi's Strawberries' on the side. 

So long story short, I found out I was a demigod and that I am an actual child of Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow and the Messenger of the gods.