The Dean Razorback

Thalia was in utter shock. 

How could her mother do this to her? 

How could she sell a freaking Les Paul? And a vintage one at that! 

"What?" Thalia asked, her hands shaking. 

Her brother, Jason, grimaced. "I'm so sorry Thals," he apologized again. "I really did try to stop her! I swear!" 

Thalia barely heard him. 

"HOW THE **** COULD SHE SELL MY GUITAR??!!" Thalia roared. 

Jason winced. Though he now had a few inches on his older sister, he still found her really intimidating. With her punk style and 'Devil-may-care' attitude, she was a force to be reckoned with. But it was when she was pissed was when you really had to stay out of her way. 

"Thalia," he tried again. "I really am sorry." 

"THAT WAS THE ONLY ONE I HAD!!" Thalia ranted. "NOW, I CAN'T PLAY NO MORE!" 

Just then Thalia's mother, Beryl Grace, walked in. She must have heard Thalia's complaints because she said. "Why don't you just buy another one?" 

Thalia seethed. "I can't," she gritted out. "I don't have the money." 

Her mother rolled her eyes. "And you never will. You won't be getting anywhere in life with that attitude." As an afterthought, she added. "Or with the lousy company you keep." 

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Thalia demanded. 

Beryl just ignored her and walked away. 

Thalia was still furious the next morning. 

Jason wanted to comfort his sister, but he didn't know how. He knew how much Thalia had loved that guitar. Even if he didn't know what the heck a 'Les Paul' meant (or how valuable those can be), he knew that Thalia would probably never get it back. 

"I really am sorry, Thalia," he apologized for about the hundredth time. 

Thalia sighed. "I know, Jase. It's not your fault." She paused. "I want you to know that you did nothing wrong. I'm not mad at you." 

Jason let out a small sigh of relief. 

The Grace siblings passed a pawn shop called Master Notes. The only things in stock were musical instruments. 

Thalia stopped in her tracks as she caught sight of her 'Heaven on Earth' as she called it. In the window of the pawn shop was a beautiful Dean Razorback. It was black with white markings all over it. 

Jason rolled his eyes at the dreamy look on his sister's face

"Wouldn't it be amazing to be able to play that every day?" she asked.