Safehouse

"It's not that it isn't totally awesome that the Avengers are in my living room, but why are the Avengers in my living room?" asked Percy. 

Don't get him wrong, he was used to coming home to finding people in his apartment, but they were usually injured and needed his help. And these were the Avengers for crying out loud! 

The Avengers just looked between each other. They'd been told by Nick Fury to go to a Safehouse so they could talk about something. 

So far Fury hadn't showed up and the Avengers had just sat in the living room waiting for him. Then this stranger had walked in acting all confused and that just puzzled the Avengers even more. 

"We were told to come here," said Captain America. "We were told this was a safe house." 

"It is," Percy confirmed. "I just wasn't expecting Fury to send the Avengers to my place." 

The one-eyed man had stopped by his apartment a few weeks ago to tell him that he was going to be using his apartment as a safe house whenever his men needed it. He hadn't exactly given Percy a choice, but Percy hadn't really minded. He like helping out. 

"Percy Jackson," he said, holding out his hand. 

"Captain America," replied the other man, shaking the demigod's hand. 

"I know who you are, Captain," said Percy smiling. 

"Do you know where Fury is?" asked Iron Man bluntly. He'd left his armor in the corner of the room and had obviously found the liquor cabinet if the glass of amber liquid was anything to go by. Percy wondered how much he'd had to drink and if it was safe to approach him. 

Percy shrugged. "I don't know Fury very well, and I kind of don't want to. So no, I haven't got a clue where he is." He paused. "Actually, he's right outside." 

With that, the black-haired made his way towards the front door and opened it. 

A surprised Nick Fury stood there with his fist raised to knock on the apartment door. He quickly lowered his hand. "Never do that again, Jackson." 

Percy smirked. "Why not?" 

"It's creepy," Fury answered. "and I find the fact that I didn't hear you coming disturbing." 

"Too bad," said Percy. "But I'd like to know why you sent the freaking Avengers to my house." 

"Because I want you to join them," Fury answered bluntly. 

There was a pause before Percy finally answered. "Hell, no." 

The Avengers were taken aback by his answer. 

"Why don't you want to be an Avenger?" asked Clint. "I thought everyone wanted to be an Avenger." 

"I'm not becoming an Avenger," Percy replied. "Fury just wants me under his thumb." 

The dark-skinned man made no attempt to deny it. Not that Percy would've let him. 

Black Widow didn't seem surprised by the realization that Fury just wanted to keep a certain person under control. Especially this person who potentially had the power to level an entire city with a single thought. 

"I know that you're afraid of me, Fury," said Percy, menacingly. "You're afraid that one day my deteriorating sanity might just leave me, and I'll go on a rampage." 

The Avengers looked between each other, not knowing if they should stop Percy or not. 

"I know that I am a danger to everyone around me," Percy gritted out. "No need to rub it in." 

Then he walked out of the apartment and slammed the door behind him, leaving behind a confused group of heroes and two resigned spies.