yeh kahanii : Aarohi aur uski maa ki part 2💗

The bustling Delhi airport gradually quieted down as passengers settled into their seats on the flight to Udaipur. Aarohi, meticulously organized yet slightly flustered from her rush to catch the flight, found herself seated next to Neil, who had been waiting patiently in his seat, absorbed in a book until she arrived.

As the plane taxied towards the runway, Aarohi, catching her breath, turned to Neil with an apologetic smile. "Sorry for the rush earlier. I just finished my studies here in Delhi, and now I'm heading back home to Udaipur."

Neil nodded understandingly, adjusting his seatbelt. "No worries at all. Udaipur sounds like a wonderful place to return to."

Aarohi smiled gratefully, relieved by his understanding. "Yes, it's beautiful. The lakes, the palaces... it's home."

Neil's eyes lit up with curiosity. "What brings you to Delhi for studies?"

"Well," Aarohi began, her voice warm with nostalgia, "my mother, Naira, insisted I get the best education possible. She always said knowledge is a treasure that no one can take away from you."

"That's wise advice," Neil replied, his gaze thoughtful. "Sounds like your mother cares deeply about your future."

Aarohi nodded, a hint of pride in her voice. "She's everything to me. After my father left, she raised me all by herself. She's my hero."

Neil's expression softened with empathy. "I understand," he said softly. "Family can be everything."

Their conversation flowed naturally, blending stories of their journeys and dreams. Aarohi shared her aspirations to make a positive impact in her community, inspired by her mother's resilience. Neil spoke of his own ambitions in Udaipur, where he worked tirelessly to support his family's legacy.

After a while, Neil's curiosity led him to ask, "What about your father, Aarohi? Is he in Udaipur too?"

Aarohi hesitated for a moment, her smile faltering briefly. "He left us when I was very young or to say even before I was born," she admitted quietly. "I don't know much about him. I've never really asked my mother about it because I know it makes her sad."

Neil nodded sympathetically, sensing the sensitivity of the topic. "I understand," he replied gently. "Family stories can be complicated."

Aarohi felt a pang of gratitude for Neil's understanding. She appreciated his ability to listen without judgment. "Yes, they can," she agreed softly. "But my mother always taught me to focus on what we have, not what we lack."

Neil smiled warmly. "She sounds like an incredible woman."

"She is," Aarohi affirmed, her voice filled with love. "She's the strongest person I know."

As they continued talking, Aarohi felt a sense of trust and comfort growing between them. She shared more about her close bond with her mother and their life in Udaipur, reminiscing about their small but loving family. Neil shared stories of his own childhood, painting a picture of a place where traditions were cherished and community bonds ran deep.

By the time the plane began its descent into Udaipur, Aarohi felt a newfound connection with Neil. They had shared pieces of their personal histories with each other, deepening their understanding. Their conversation had anchored them in the shared anticipation of returning to their beloved city and the loved ones awaiting them there.

As they disembarked, Aarohi turned to Neil with a warm smile. "Thank you for listening," she said sincerely. "It's not often I talk about these things."

Neil smiled back, his eyes reflecting a genuine understanding. "Anytime, Aarohi. Sometimes, sharing our stories helps us understand ourselves better."