yeh kahanii : Aarohi aur uski maa ki 💗 part 5

Aarohi slammed the front door behind her, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't believe the argument she'd just had with her mother, Naira. It wasn't the first time they had fought, but this time it felt different. Aarohi felt suffocated by the constant restrictions and expectations. She needed space, and she needed it now.

She grabbed her phone and called her best friend, Meera.

"Meera, can I come over? I just had a huge fight with Mom, and I need to get out of here."

"Of course, Aarohi. You can stay as long as you need," Meera replied without hesitation.

Aarohi packed a small bag with some clothes and essentials and hurried out of the house. As she walked towards Meera's place, she tried to calm herself down, but the weight of the argument lingered heavily on her mind. The sound of her footsteps on the pavement echoed her racing thoughts, each step a reminder of the words exchanged with her mother.

When she arrived at Meera's house, she was greeted with a warm hug. Meera's home always felt like a safe haven. As they settled into the cozy living room, Meera's uncle, Kartik, walked in. Kartik had recently moved to the city for work, and Aarohi hadn't seen him in years.

"Uncle Kartik, this is my friend Aarohi," Meera introduced them.

"Hi, Aarohi. It's nice to meet you," Kartik said with a friendly smile.

"Nice to meet you too," Aarohi replied, wiping away the last of her tears.

Kartik, with his calming presence and fatherly demeanor, immediately noticed Aarohi's distress. He sat down next to her and gently asked, "What's wrong, Aarohi? You look upset."

Aarohi hesitated for a moment before pouring out her heart. She talked about the fight with her mother, the suffocation she felt at home, and her desperate need for some space. Kartik listened patiently, his face filled with concern and empathy.

"You know, Aarohi," Kartik began, "sometimes our parents' actions come from a place of love and concern, even if it doesn't always feel that way. Your mother loves you, and she wants what's best for you. It might be worth talking to her again when things have cooled down."

Aarohi nodded, appreciating Kartik's attempt to bridge the gap between her and her mother. But deep down, she wasn't sure if she was ready to face Naira again.

One afternoon, as she was walking through the park near Meera's house, Aarohi saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench. Her heart skipped a beat as she recognized Neil, the love she had tried so hard to forget. She took a deep breath and approached him.

"Neil," she said softly.

Neil looked up, surprised to see her. "Aarohi... it's been a long time."

"Yes, it has," she replied, her voice trembling slightly. "Neil, I still love you. Will you marry me?"

Neil's eyes widened with shock and confusion. "Aarohi, I love you too, but what about your mother?"

Aarohi's face hardened. The mention of her mother brought back all the anger and frustration she had been trying to suppress. She took a step back, her emotions swirling inside her. Before Neil could say anything else, she turned and began to walk away.

"Aarohi, wait!" Neil's voice echoed through the park.

She stopped but didn't turn around. Tears welled up in her eyes as she struggled with her feelings. The pain of her fight with Naira, the love she still felt for Neil, and the confusion about her future all collided in a tumultuous storm.

Again, she turned and walked backward. That's when she heard it.

"Aarohi!" Neil's desperate scream pierced through the air.