Guns And Laces: Chapter 21

Guns And Laces

Halfway Through

Chapter Twenty-One

"I will burn you, inch by inch, if you so much as think of harming her. I am restrained only as long as she's breathing. After her, I don't guarantee you shit."

-Angelo

“Angelo!” Eirene called and I turned around to look at her descending the stairs with Ophelia in her arms.

A smile crept up my lips upon looking at my two most favourite girls, “Hey.” I greeted as she came straight towards me for a hug.

I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head before taking Ophelia from her arms who was already half out of Eirene’s hold causing me to chuckle.

“Ah, here’s my princess. Happy birthday, Phi.” I cooed taking her in my arms.

She giggled and placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek. “How is my princess?” I asked and kissed her forehead.

She spoke some gibberish and her hands flew here and there as if she was trying to explain a very important matter to me. I nodded keenly, obviously playing along and absolutely enjoying the way her teal eyes twinkled with a beautiful spark in them.

For a moment, I couldn’t help but lovingly admire her beautiful eyes - which she had gotten from my sister - and my gaze flickered to Eirene who was now staring at Darius. He was stood across the room engaged in a conversation with somebody but as soon as he felt her gaze, he excused himself from there and walked towards where she stood. Another smile crept up my lips as I noticed the same way Eirene’s eyes twinkled seeing her husband give her all the attention in the world.

I concluded that I had indeed been very blessed because the only important women in my life had the most expressive eyes and a beautiful heart.

A pair of violet orbs flashed in front of my eyes and I was brought out of my reverie. Anna hadn’t called once after I spoke to her yesterday nor did she leave a text since morning.

I would have been worried had the security team I appointed did not update me about her whereabouts. As much as I missed her, I didn’t wanna pester her. She needed some time alone before she could tell me whatever it was that bothered her.

And I will make sure to take that very thing out of her life.

“Earth to, Angelo.” Eirene snapped her fingers in front of my face.

I blinked and looked at her, “Sorry, what happened?” I asked feeling slightly embarrassed for spacing out like that.

She smiled, not the usual sweet smile, there was something evil about it and crossed her arms, “When are you gonna tell me?”

“Tell you what?” I feigned ignorance.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes, “You know what. You said you will tell me when we meet, now I can’t wait any longer.” She huffed.

Darius came to greet me and placed a hand around her waist, “Whatever is it that you can’t wait can be discussed later. Let’s just begin with the birthday celebration so everyone can leave us the fuck alone in our house.”

Eirene looked at him in disapproval, “You’re awful for saying that. It’s your daughter’s birthday.”

“Precisely why it should only be celebrated with the immediate family. There are so many politicians in my house and I don’t like it, Eirene. I don’t want anyone stepping inside our house, our sanctuary. Op-”