Guns And Laces: Chapter 37

Guns And Laces

Sacred Space

Chapter Thirty-Seven

I will burn you, inch by inch, if you so much as think of harming her. I am restrained only as long as she's breathing. After her, I don't guarantee you shit."

-Angelo

Rheannon stood in front of Jonas and Iver, her chin up and head held high, “You really thought you’d get away with this, didn’t you?” She asked in a whisper.

Loud enough for them to hear because there was pin drop silence in the wide, empty room otherwise.

I was stood at the back of the room, my eyes trained on the men tied to the chairs in front. They looked pale upon seeing Rheannon here. They didn’t expect her to come here. Hell, I didn’t expect her to come here. But she did. My queen.

Chest swelled with pride, I leaned against the window as Rheannon’s gaze drifted between the two brutally beaten up men.

“You signed a contract with me. A legal contract. My life in exchange for my husband and sister.” She began to speak again, her voice low but firm, “And you betrayed me. You took me straight to the prison giving me hope that I will be executed—sentenced to life imprisonment at worst yet you let the guards toy with me.”

My eyes went to her hands that she had begun to flex. I knew without having to touch that her palms were getting all clammy. Yet she stood there. Unmoved. Determined. Straight like an absolute soldier.

A warrior, in fact.

“You let them torture me inside the prison. You then went ahead and clinically examined my body without my consent and when you found out that I was pregnant, you murdered my baby. Blood for blood, is that what you were thinking?” She spat at Jonas who remained tight lipped and only stared back at her with an emotion that could only be classified as pure hatred.

“Don’t look at me like that. Don’t look at me like you hate me. Like you hate me for protecting my sister. Like you hate me for leaving your son to die after he attempted to rape a girl half his age. And certainly do not hate me because you didn’t bring up your bastard of a son alright.” She took a step closer, almost in his personal space, as she stared down at him.

“My life has been hell for the past two years, for something that I didn’t even do. Your son died not because of me but because of his own actions. He called his death upon himself all on his own.”

Jonas opened his mouth to say something but my wife wasn’t listening, not today. “You know breaking me was one thing but then going after my family after you promised you wouldn’t was another. It all makes sense now, actually. You all come from a family of pathological liars. Immoral people who abuse their power without realising that their will be consequences. To every high, there’s a low. And you forgot that, Jonas. You and your son, both did.”

“And look where you are.” She whispered, almost sadly. Almost.

“You are a bitch!” Jonas began to struggle against the ropes. I was about to intervene but Rheannon’s hand raised in the air and a moment later, a slap echoed in the room. The sound so loud it ricocheted off the walls.

A smirk tugged at my lips as the man in front of her stared at her wide eyed and completely frozen now.

“Do not call me or my sister a bitch. You are nothing but filth yourself.” Rheannon’s temper had begun to flare.