Guns And Laces: Chapter 25

Guns And Laces

Halfway Through

Chapter Twenty Five

⚠️ TW: Mature Content Ahead. ⚠️

“And she never visited me after that day. I missed her because she was the only person that I had a remote sense of familiarity with.” I whispered mindlessly playing with Angelo’s fingers.

We had come back from Angelo’s office a few hours ago. I had insisted that Sierra and Kian tag along because there were important things that needed to be discussed. After much reluctance, Angelo agreed and currently we were sitting at Sierra’s previous apartment after we had changed into comfortable clothes. And I had filled Aegeus in on my life story.

“I am sorry that it happened to you of all the people. And I am glad that you’re now part of this family.” Aegeus expressed politely.

A faint smile touched my lips as I looked at him in gratitude, “Thank you.”

My gaze swept over the spacious lounge to find Kian seated on an arm chair near the window. He pretended to be looking outside but the way his face had hardened told me that he had been listening to the entire conversation.

“Kian.” I called him.

The only acknowledgement I got was his head turning in my direction.

“What if your father finds out that you’re helping us?” I asked.

“My sister is taking care of that, as we speak. She’s keeping him distracted.” His tone was devoid of emotion.

Come to think of it, the only time his tone had the slightest bit of emotion was when he was speaking with Sierra back at the office.

“It won’t last long, you and I both know it.” I spoke quietly.

“You’ve just gotten married, don’t worry about it. I’ll take care of these matters as much as I can.” His voice left no room for argument. “And I want to marry your sister.”

Angelo’s body stiffened as soon as the words left Kian’s words.

“Not until we are out of this mess.” I replied without missing a beat. “Thank you for all that you have been doing for her - for us - I appreciate it but I still don’t trust you enough to make this call.”

“I understand.” He nodded his head once. “But I will marry her once all of this is over.”

The conviction he spoke with left me speechless for a brief moment.

I hummed in response and looked at Sierra who was already staring at Kian with an unreadable expression on her face.

“Would you want to marry him?” I asked taking her attention away from him.

Her eyes met mine and she swallowed before looking away, “I guess.” She shrugged.

She wanted to marry him.

I sighed and looked at Kian whose gaze was fixated on Sierra. I cleared my throat and his eyes snapped to mine, “If by the end of this all, everything goes fine and I trust you enough to protect my sister, you have my permission to marry her. If I am dead or alive doesn’t matter, I am giving you my word.”

He nodded his head and Angelo's grip tightened on my stomach where his hand was splayed.

I knew he didn’t like me talking about me dying but out of the two possibilities, me ending up dead definitely outweighed me surviving this.