Guns And Laces: Chapter 28

Guns And Laces

Bump On The Road

Chapter Twenty-Eight

I will burn you, inch by inch, if you so much as think of harming her. I am restrained only as long as she's breathing. After her, I don't guarantee you shit."

-Angelo

⚠️ Trigger Warning: Mention of Drugs. ⚠️

“I have to cut this meeting short because something urgent has come up which needs my immediate attention. You gentlemen can continue and Mateo please fill me up on the conclusion of this meeting. I need it documented on my desk tomorrow at nine-thirty in the morning sharp.” I addressed the board members and my personal assistant.

They all seem surprised by the spontaneity of the situation. I never usually do this during work but I needed to be back home.

Anna could lie to me all she wanted but I knew she was crying. And I also knew it wasn’t because I had been pissed at her little stunt.

Mateo excused himself from the meeting room and followed me out, “Is everything okay, boss?” He asked cautiously.

I nodded my head, “It is. There’s an urgent matter that I need to take care of.” I said to him and he bid me goodbye before walking back inside.

I grabbed my things from my office and walked towards the elevator. I checked my phone to see no new text from Anna. All the more reason for me to get suspicious.

Once I was in the parking lot, I dialed Aegeus’ number and he picked up after a few rings, “What’s up?” His groggy voice came from the other end.

“What kind of work are you into that requires you to be out of the house every night and sleep like a dead man all day?” I quipped taking a look at the time.

It was five in the evening and this boy was still sleeping.

He scoffed and I heard the rustling of sheets from the other end, “You wouldn’t understand. It’s legal.” He mocked and I smirked.

“Shut the fuck up. I am only calling to ask where is my wife?” I questioned while putting the car into ignition.

“How would I know? I haven’t seen her since I came back home.”  He huffed.

“Get your ass up and check on her.” I commanded.

He exhaled a loud sigh, “Fine!”

I waited on the phone as he went to our room to check on her grumbling something under his breath about ‘me disturbing his peaceful sleep’ and I rolled my eyes at his behaviour.

He’s always been like this though. If he didn’t get a good night sleep, he would wake up severely cranky and remain that way until he hit the bed again at night.

My little brother.

“FaceTime me.” I heard him say.

I quickly switched to the video call and his sleepy face came in my view, “Show me my wife.” I said to him.

“Whipped.” He smirked and switched to the back camera.

I pulled over to the side and kept my gaze fixated on her sleeping figure. She was snuggled into my pillow and wrapped in the comforter like a burrito. I could only see half of her face as her hair fell over on one of her eye shielding my favourite view.