Debt Payment Chapter 31

##### Chapter 31 Rivals

Lahat sila ay nakatingin ng seryoso kay General, habang hinihintay na magkuwento ito tungkol sa nakaraan kung bakit nga ba gan'on na lang kalaki ang galit ng mga Mondragons sa pamilya ng Malisorn na umabot pa na pinapatay ang mga magulang nila at ang nangyayari sa kanila ngayon.

Naghihitbuga muna ng hangin si General, bago n'ya napagpasyahan na sabihin na sa kanila ang totoo.

Nasaksihan ni General ang pagkakaibigan nina Felipe Mondragon at Ramon Malisorn na s'yang ama nina Faye at Becca, dahil mga kababata n'ya ang mga ito. Bata pa lamang siya ay nakita na niya ang matinding pagkakaiba ng kanilang mga personalidad. Si Ramon, ang batang hinahangaan at minamahal ng lahat samantalang si Felipe naman ay ganid at makasarili.

" You want to know why the Mondragons hate the Malisorns? " said the General.

" It's a story as old as time, about jealousy, betrayal, and what destroys trust is envy. "

*****Flashback*****

He cast his mind back to a simpler time, when Ramon Malisorn and Felipe Mondragon were best friends, but they behaved differently. Ramon is hardworking, kind and handsome above all he cares about others that's why people love him.

Felipe is a burning ember of charisma. He possesses a sharp wit and a cruel charm that draws people in, but his love is short-lived. He is a collector of hearts, breaking them as easily as he wins them.

Then the beautiful woman Amara came into Ramon and Felipe's life. She comes from a rich family. Felipe loved him silently, from afar, because he knew she was not worthy of Amara.

Ramon, who was always honorable, won her heart with his honesty and kindness.

They are best friends. But Ramon doesn't know that Felipe has a secret hatred for him because of his growing jealousy.

Ramon surpasses Felipe in every competition, in the heart of the woman he secretly loves, Amara

With every recognition Ramon received. As the people cheered him on, Felipe's anger for Ramon only deepened.

While Ramon, who doesn't notice the envy and anger that eats away at his friend's personality, continues to be kind to him and supports Felipe. Felipe did not understand why things like this were happening to him, he felt that the world was united with him and to belittle his achievements while everyone admired Ramon at the same time.

Time passed, Amara and Ramon got married, built a happy family and had two daughters, Faye and Becca.

It's the opposite of what happened to Felipe, he was forced to marry a woman he didn't love, he had a son, Mikael, but he never paid attention to it because of so much failure. Felipe continued to have women and that's why he had a child with someone else and that's Ploy.

A bitter taste engulfed Felipe's throat as he drank the glass of whiskey.

He watched as Amara playfully tossed it in the air and caught a giggling toddler, Becca. The sunlight flashed through her hair, just like before. He quickly looked away, focusing on the glass of whiskey in his hand. This is a scene that plays out every time Felipe visits Hacienda Malisorn. A scene that is a painful reminder that he cannot get over.

Sinubukan ni Felipe na takpan ang hapdi ng pagkatalo. Nagkunwaring naliligayahan para sa kanila.

Ngunit ang mga nakikita ni Felipe na pangarap na makasama si Amara at bumuo ng pamilya na labis na hinahangad n'ya ay kailan man ay hindi na mangyayari kaya naman nag-iwan ito ng sariwang sugat at ng sama ng loob.