The Night Sky

Lynn's POV

"From what I have heard from my crow this family was once saved by demon slayers. And that's the reason they are housing us free of charge. Still, I don't think they'd show this much hospitality." Tanjiro informed us.

"Pays to be with the demon slayer corps doesn't?" Hashibara-Kun layed back with his arms and hands supporting his head. "Now that I think about it, what made you decide to join The Demon Slayer Corps?" Tanjiro asked him.

"Huh?" "Well you must have had some kind of reason?" That's when Hashibara-Kun started explaining his story.

"A member of the Demon Slayer Corps barged in on me on my mountain. So we competed to see who was stronger, I won so I took his blade as a reward."

Tanjiro and Agastuma seemed to be horrified by his story. "And then, I heard of this thing called of 'Final Selection'. Plus the fact that demons do exist." "So that's what drew you to the Demon Slayer Corps. And hey, you grew up in the mountains, same huh?" "Don't lump me in with you!" Hashibara-Kun yelled back at him.

"I don't have anyone I can call family. Only one thing gives me comfort in this world, and that's testing my strength against others." He pulled the boar mask back over his head once more. "Is that so," Tanjiro nodded.

Agatsuma sat up from his bedding. "Tanjiro, Lynn, there is something I need to ask you. Why are you traveling with a demon?"

Tanjiro sat up and smiled before speaking. "Zenitsu, you knew that, and yet you still protected the box. You really are a good person you know that? Thankyou." I decided to add on. "You have a truly pure soul Agatsuma." His face became red and he fell back, rolling around on his back with a pillow in his arms. He was a giggling mess. "There's no need to compliment me." "I've got a keen smell. That's how I knew from the beginning." Tanjiro told him.

As soon as Nezuko's box started to shake Agatsuma jumped. He screeched and stood with his arms up to defend himself with. "What's happening, is it coming after us?!" "No that's not it at all!" Tanjiro tried to reason with him. "How can you be so sure huh?" "Quite down!" Tanjiro warned him, "it's the middle of the night!"

The box finally creaked open. Agatsuma only screamed louder. "It's not even locked?!?! You're kidding me!" He started running away from it shouting. "Someone please protect me! Even you will do Inosuke!" "Stay away from me." Hashibara-Kun kicked him in the face. This knocked him right beside the box Nezuko was still inside. The door finally opened with a small yelp from Agatsuam.

Her small hand reached out first. The delicate hand was covered by a brown sleeve. Her hand hit the ground quietly and Agatsuam scrambled away to behind me. "Please protect me Lynn I'm so scared!" I shoved his hands from off my shoulders.

Nezuko finally exited her box. Pink eyes wondering about the room. Her hair seemed to glow in the dim light. "Huh?" Agatsuma tilted his head to the side. "Hey Nezuko!" Tanjiro called out to his little sister.

She stood up, gaining in size; her height tripling. The kimono she wore finally fit her.

Agatsuma-Kun seemed to be dumbstruck, while Hashibara-Kun stretched his limbs. "That's enough activity for one day." He fell asleep on the spot. I gasped slightly at quickly and carelessly he could rest.

  "I'll introduce you Zenitsu. Nezuko is my-" "Tanjiro," Agatsuma interrupted. "Yes?" He turned around and paused. A light seemed to emit from Agatsuma. There was some sort of dark shadow across his face; it was a little creepy.

  "W-What's wrong?" Tanjiro stuttered with his speaking. "Tell me you didn't.." There was lightning flashing around his body as he spoke. "Just who do you think you are?!" He asked, eyes wide and furious.

  Nezuko walked up to me and I held her in my arms. "You ok Nezuko?" I asked her. She stared up at me, her pink eyes shimmered in the light Agatsuma's sparks emitted. She nodded, and even though I couldn't see her mouth, I could tell she was smiling at me. Hugging me tightly, what I didn't understand was just how possessive that hug was...

  "First you were traveling with Lynn-Chan. The most beautiful girl I have seen. I don't need to see her face to know that. But now... you have crossed the line! You've been traveling with a cute girl... And you stuffed her inside of a box?!" Agatsuam seemed to grow angrier with every word spoken.

  "Hanging around with two girls this beautiful day in and day out. You've been having a great time all the while haven't you?!" Soon after, Tanjiro rushed to explain himself. "Wait a minute, it's not like that! It's-". Once again, he was not given the chance to finish. "Then why did I bear all that pain and suffering?!"

  "Tanjiro, you jerk!" "Hey Nezuko, you want to go for a walk outside?" I asked the smaller girl. She ended at me and I picked her up; holding her at my hip, she wrapped her hands around my shoulders for support and balance.

  I exited the room, the air was swift and calm. There was a short breeze that made me come alive once again. "It's a wonderful night isn't it Nezuko?" "Mm-hmm," she excitedly hummed.

  I set her down beside a nearby tree before taking a nearby seat. I turned my head to the right upon hearing more screams. "He's loud," I commented. "I wonder what his problem with the opposite gender really is.." This part I muttered, even though I knew Nezuko heard. She hummed, confirming my previous suspicions.

  I propped my head against the tree and stared up at the stars. "They are so different from the ones at home." I told her. "None of these constellations are the same. Every star is different. The patterns they make have no recognition to me." I paused before continuing. "Back in my railo, I would spend hours alone just staring at the sky at night. I would enjoy finding different constellations. Sometimes I would make up my own constellations, just for fun."

  "Don't you find them pretty?" I asked Nezuko. But when I turned around, she was out cold. Her breathing was in a soft rhythmic pattern. Her head falling on my shoulder. 'How cute,' I smiled lightly at the adorableness.

————————————————————————

Word Count: 1100 words