Chapter 8: Meeting Usagi's Family

When a week passed, and Usagi and Liu Kang went to the Tsukino House where he could meet her family eventually. Her parents, Ikuko and Kenji, were happy to see their little girl coming to see them again. Even her little brother Shingo was happy to see her again. As they entered the house, Usagi began to introduce them to her fiance.

"Mom, Dad, this is my fiancé, Liu Kang," Usagi said, grinning.

"Fiancé!?" Her family said in shock.

"Wait, so you are engaged to the boy? What happened between you and Mamoru? Did something happen?" Kenji said with a curious look.

She groaned. "It turns out he broke my heart. He has nothing to do with me anymore."

Kenji sighed as he looked down, feeling disappointed in Mamoru. "I always knew he wasn't the right person for you."

"Tell me about it, Dad? If I didn't date him, I wouldn't feel so heartbroken." Usagi said.

"But you had me now," Liu Kang said, cheering her up to make her smile.

"Oh, Liu," Usagi cooed, blushing.

"So, Liu Kang. Why don't you tell us about yourself? We haven't heard from you yet." Ikuko said with a smile.

He smiled. "Glady." Then he told them everything about himself as the Shaolin monk. He explained he was raised and trained by the monks. While explaining everything, Usagi's parents were impressed.

"I must say, Liu, you look very structured and disciplined. Not to mention you look very charming." Ikuko said, smiling.

"We began to like you, boy. I must say this is impressive. Welcome to the family." Kenji said, smiling.

Liu Kang began to blush as he rubbed the back of his head. "Why, thanks..."

Usagi smiled in relief. "I knew you guys would love him."