Chapter XXXVIII: Bahane

Ketaki

I was wrapped in his arms when I woke up and my eyes fell on his charming face as soon as I opened them. His one arm was underneath me and one on top that kept me close to him the entire night. Our faces were very close, and I could feel his breath hitting my face every time he breathed out. My hand began caressing his bicep on its own while I captured his every feature in my eyes. The warmth of his body wasn't letting me pull away from him. I lowered my gaze to his chest where the wound that I had inflicted was. It had started to heal now. I ran my fingers over it gently apologizing to him internally. I pushed my face into his bare chest breathing his essence and didn't realise when my nails began digging into his bicep.

He swiftly pulled me on top of him and slowly opened his eyes that were drawing me towards him at this time. My hair was loose and fell to the front with his sudden movement. He collected them in his hand and pulled on them that made my face near his.

"I didn't think my mornings could be this beautiful," he said in his sleepy voice and kissed my jaw lightly.

I brought my hand towards his face pushing back the hair from his forehead. Moving my hand down, I placed the palm of my hand against his cheek and leaned in a bit closer to him touching my nose with his.

"Mine too," I said resisting the urge to touch his lips. Pulling my face back a bit, I looked into his sharp eyes that were conveying many emotions. I began brushing his lips with the pad of my thumb while my other hand was still cupping his face. I bit on my lower lip looking at him as he lowered his hands down to my waist after loosening his grip on my hair and letting them fall on his face. It made him close his eyes and I moved them away from his face with my fingers. He opened his eyes back up while caressing the side of my waist slowly moving up towards the knot of my blouse. He pulled on the ends of the cloth opening the knot and moved his hands on my back while looking sharply into my eyes. I couldn't handle him looking like this at me, so I hid my face into the side of his neck while he continued with the movement of his fingers and knuckles on my skin and I wrapped my arm around him. My soft front was against his hard one leaving no space between us. His chest was moving up and down as he breathed while I laid on top of him. I moved my toes against his leg over the cloth of his dhoti while pushing my face more into his side. I dug my nails into his bicep controlling the sounds that were waiting to come out of my mouth. Lowering his hand down to my leg, he gripped my thigh over the skirt that made me stop the movement of my toes while his other hand worked its way up. He held my neck from behind and began stroking it with his thumb. I penetrated my nails more into his skin and couldn't resist kissing the side of his neck where I was hiding my face. His grip tightened on my neck when I did that making me scream out of pain that felt good.

"Aahn," I said in a low voice, and he loosened his hold immediately.

"Want me stop Ketaki?" He asked and I nodded against his neck while hoping that he wouldn't. He instantly tied the ends of my blouse back again and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry," he said, and I took my face out of his side to look at him.

I looked at him with concerned expressions and cupped his face. "For what sahib?" I asked.

"For hurting you. In more ways that I myself know of," he said as his eyes turned glossy.

"Forgive me Ketaki. For today and for our marriage," he said as a lone tear rolled out of his eye. I cleaned it off with my thumb and shook my head telling him to stop shedding tears that did not look good in his eyes.

I placed the side of my face over his chest and closed my eyes when his heartbeat became audible while he wrapped his arms around me tightly. I won't be lying, whatever happened on my wedding day was still paining me, but I was incapable of detaching myself from him. Even though he married me forcefully, he never left a chance to showcase his care and concern towards me. We may fight, we may annoy each other, we may have our little quarrels here and there, but it does not take away from the feeling of comfort I experience around him. Our marriage might've been a blessing in disguise.