33.

August 2nd 2023

August 2nd 2023

Location; Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Amber eyes focused on the blooming morning sun stretching across the clear blue sky, Nadi lays silently while she tries to tune out the sound of ruffling pages to the left of her.

Tears rest of the brim of her eyes as the word liar rolls around in her head. Though dinner was a success after their heated argument, their night in bed together was not.

Not only was falling asleep hard for her to do, the tension within their bedroom was so thick that not even a knife could cut through it. She was not used to laying beside Silvester without being in his embrace, hearing the rhythmic beating of his heart that always guided her to sleep.

Instead the couple laid with their backs faced towards one another in utter silence until finally, Silvester drifted off to sleep. Nadi was left to toss and turn while battling that four letter word that had become her enemy. While being left wide awake she took the time to look at the bigger picture, realizing that she was the one in the wrong. Her need to be under Silvester left her selfish, not caring about the importance of his business meeting until he yelled at her. Now she was left in fear that she had ruined something that was important to him and the thought of that had tears ready to spill from her eyes.

"Are you ready to get up?" Nadi quickly rubs the back of her hand over her eyes, removing the tears that had fallen from the sudden sound of Silvester's deep voice filling their bedroom. She turns her head and looks over her shoulder, getting a glimpse of him, optics focused on the words along the white pages before him.

She was unaware of the fact he even knew she was awake.

Nadi nods then pushes the blankets back, feeling the cooling air within the room against her exposed arms and thighs as she pulls her being up. Back still faced towards Silvester who now marks his page before closing his book and resting it on the nightstand beside him."Naeem wants us to join him and his girlfriends at the beach today." Silvester announces, slipping out of bed himself. Nadi nods and stands then makes her way to the bathroom to relieve herself while Silvester gets ready for a shower.

Now both in the bathroom, Nadi starts off with her morning skin care routine while Silvester slips into the shower. Patting her face dry with her microfiber towel, she smiles at her dewy skin then begins to brush her teeth.

"How'd you sleep?" Silvester inquires from the other side of the foggy shower door. Nadi looks up into the mirror, hidden behind steam and shrugs her shoulders. "I slept okay, you?" She rinses her mouth out then cuts the water off just as Silvester steps out with a towel around his waist, water running down his toned abdomen.

"Really good," He admits and he steps to her placing a tender kiss on her cheek before grabbing his deodorant. "Do you have a bathing suit, preferably a one piece?" He inquires now grabbing his toothbrush.