38.

August 19th 2023

August 19th 2023

Location; Society Hill, PA.

Silvester reads over the last page of the current book he was reading then glances at Nadi who was sound asleep beside him. After her shower and light dinner she had knocked out, the sounds of her snores were a clear sign that she was beyond tired since she wasn't much of a snorer.

It pained him to see how overworked she was along with her emotional breakdown. The pair were only two months into their relationship and although it wasn't the first time she displayed her emotions, seeing her cry that much didn't sit right with him. It was to the point that he wanted to cross a boundary and speak to her manger personally but he chose not to. She had explained that she was given a doctor's note allowing her to be on light duty, but that was not enough for Silvester.

He wanted her to be out of work until her shoulder had healed completely. She was already overwhelmed as it was and now left with an injury that would take weeks to heal. Silvester understood that she had a final say and was hoping that with a little bit of convincing she would side with him.

He shuts his book and leans over, admiring her as she slept in peace; a feeling that had become foreign to her as the weeks passed. Silvester places a kiss upon her cheek then gets out of bed to start his morning routine, making sure not to disturb her in the process. Afterwards he saunters over on his closet and starts to get dressed. His schedule was cleared today which gave him all the time he needed to nurse his lady back to health to his best ability.

He glances at Nadi then makes his way to his kitchen to get breakfast started for the both of them. Given that Nadi had a sweet tooth, he knew that she'd love pancakes so he takes his time and gathers ingredients to make them from scratch.

In the midst of whisking the homemade batter he puts on a fresh pot of coffee since he was in need of a caffeine boost himself. While separated he had dived so deep into his craft to the point he had completed a total of five canvases. Three of which were displayed at the art exhibition he wanted to take Nadi to down in Logan Square.

She was his inspiration behind each one and he was eager to show them to her. He always wanted to hear her detailed description on each one but now his focus had shifted to just making sure that she was okay, physically along with mentally. He wasn't fond of the circumstances, but was glad that the two were back in one another's presence because he had missed her. From her smile, giggles, rambling about the random facts she knew down to her trying to eat away at his food.

He didn't realize that two months with her would leave him yearning for her every second of the day. He was still new to the feeling of loving someone as deeply as he loved Nadi but he accepted it with open arms because their love was pure, genuine and organic in every way. He didn't want to miss out on it and the fact that he did for sixteen days meant that the two would have to make up for lost time.