Part 14

Heya!

"y/n." you heard your name being called when you were indulged in a file. You need to hand over the documents to Seonghwa by the evening because the meeting next week is very important to him and you don't want to mess it up and let him be mad at you. It's not like he will scold you and stay mad but his scary stare and his demeanor is what scares you off. Still, you love him --- your best friend.

Wait. He is still not in your list because of how he makes you nervous.

You nod your head at the person who called your name earlier and his voice always works wonders on a stressful day --- the soft and comfortable voice.

"Are you done with that?" Seonghwa gestured towards the papers in front of you, he strolls across the room to get a cup from the table and walks towards the side of the window.

"yeah, just a few more pages and then done." You sighed in the end.

A hand extends in front of you and a cup filled with coffee is being offered with the person smiling softly. He pulled a chair beside you when you took a sip of it and hummed. He pats your head when he notices you smiling while drinking the coffee.

"Why are you smiling?" he asked.

You raised a brow, "what? I can't smile?" but soon chuckled when he shook his head.

"no. I didn't mean that. Is there a special thought behind that?"

You hummed and then turned towards him. His hair grew a bit long and it added to his beauty. He can be prettier than every girl in this office if he ever considers to do make up for once. His soft nature and comforting voice is really a perfect match to his voice unlike Yeosang.

That man is mysteriously scary.

You smiled, "I was remembering some moments from our past."

"And what did you see in those memories?" he asked.

"that we don't like each other."

His smile drops suddenly. Previously, he was nervous when you said about the memories but this --- don't like each other. He avoids your gaze and looks around the cabin to avoid the topic. It's good you can remember the happy days, but after that, you shouldn't. you will hate them after all the things you will remember. He doesn't want that --- hell he doesn't want to lose you again. He is so thankful that you remember the good parts and you are happy with them.

What else can he want?

"I'm sorry..." he whispered.

You laughed at him, "you believed it?" you tapped his hand to make him look at you and when he did, you scrunch your nose and smile cutely. He couldn't believe you were joking with him. just the same way you used to do earlier, "I was teasing you."

"You think it's funny?" his tone becomes serious and it surely scares you. The smile disappeared from your face because of his change in demeanor. You shook your head and when you were about to say sorry. He pressed his lips together and started laughing like he was holding it back from bursting out louder.

"What happened?" you asked nervously.

He cups your cheek, "you think only you can joke with me?" he squeezes them, "I am kidding."

You remove his hand away and glare, "don't do that."

"why? Did I make you nervous?"

"no."

He nods when he notices your absence of focus on him. He chuckles at your obvious nervous form.

You arrange the pages, reviewing them precisely and putting them according to the respective files. He watches you intently, sitting beside you and admiring your work and of course your beauty. After a little while, you collected the files together and turned towards him with the stack in your hand and placed them on his lap.