Part 16

Gotta Work

"And how many times have I told you not to keep the temperature low? Eating ice cream and taking cold showers whenever you feel like and then staying in the low temperature of the air conditioner of the room and your cabin." Yunho was scolding you since morning and now again he is starting with his lectures. You rolled your eyes before turning towards Mingi.

He was hugging you to his side, he smiled down at you on the couch and adjusted the comforter around you. You sniffed and sneezed again.

This time the cold is serious and you know soon others will lecture you again after their work.

"You should listen to us, y/n." Mingi patted your head and kissed the temple, you snuggled close to him, feeling the comfort and relaxing to his touch. The big frame was enough to engulf you in a soft comforting embrace. "get well soon."

"You should find a new secretary..." you muttered under your breath with a pout while watching Yunho busy with file works and bringing different papers from the shelf and placing them on the tables. You should help but you know he has strictly ordered you not to do anything unless he says so. Huh! His loss.

When he heard your voice, he quickly said, "no need. Enough with one troublemaker."

"yah! You have been scolding me since morning. Why are you like this?" you pressed your body closer to Mingi when he shifted to the front. He was also busy with his laptop, arranging some data works. He held your hand without looking away from the screen and held it on his thigh and continued his work.

Yunho stood straight in front of you, his serious face with his hand on his waist and blocking your view from the glass window made you look up at his face. He looks the best when he is angry.

"and why don't you listen to us?" tilting his head, a smirk appeared, "maybe...to skip work. Am I right?"

"No. You are wrong." You said and watched him walking towards you. "Now what did I do? Why are you coming here?"

Your protests got quiet when his cold fingers made contact with your heated skin. He tsk and shook his head, "you are burning. Where is the medicine box?"

"Don't worry, Yunho. I have given her already. Soon, she will be off to dreamland but before that let her be the chatterbox." Mingi said and chuckled followed by Yunho's laugh who grabbed a rubber band from the table and went around the couch behind you both and you tried to look back when he held your face to the front, "don't move your head."

"But what are you even doing there?"

"stripping my clothes."

"what?!"

Your eyes went wide and suddenly, you felt someone combing your hair. Yunho tied your hair with the band and planted a soft kiss on top of your head. There's a high chance of you dying from their sweet gestures someday. You pressed your lips tightly to hold back the smile until Yunho appeared in your sight again.

"get some sleep." He said and took the three files from the table. He felt your stares on his back when he went towards the door, turning back he smirked, "stop staring at me like a stalker. A simple thank you would work you know."

"You should leave. That grumpy Hongjoong is waiting for you." you scoffed.

He raised a brow at you, "I'll let him know about this and Mingi keep an eye on her."

You glared at Yunho until he closed the door and you turned your face to Mingi who was already staring at you, "is he always this serious and annoying when someone is sick?"

"you should remember the days when you felt sick at school. He would keep you at home and not let you even talk to anyone. Yes he is that serious." You nodded at his words. He sits back comfortably, closing the laptop and pulling you on his lap and covering you with the comforter again.