Chapter 2

"What? What are you talking about?" he asks me and I just chuckle. Did he really just.... Wow.

"Trey. Why did you look away?" I ask him and he looks at me again, but his gaze looks away again.

"Of course not. How could you even think that?" he asks his hands coming to mine but I take my hands away from him.

"Trey. The only thing I want... No, actually need right now is the truth. I'm not playing this cat and mouse game with you. Was I a bet. Yes or no?" I ask him.

He's quiet for a second. And then he goes on full defense mode. "No. How could you even think that. You know how I feel for you. How could you ever think that?" he asks me. And I just chuckle. And nod my head in realization.

"Okay. Trey, when you wanna be honest with me. You know where I live, you have my tens. But I'm not doing this with you." I say. I get up from the grass and walk back towards my gate. But he stops me.

"Kelly, okay fine. I'll be honest." I hear him say. I turn around and look at him. Ready to hear either a lie, or a sad truth.

"And I want the truth." I say. Then he walks towards me. And when he is close he starts speaking again.

"Okay, check. You weren't exactly a bet-" I cut him off. This guy really is just tryna play right now.

"Trey. Was I a bet, yes or no?" I ask. Then he looks down at his feet and he moves his hands to mine and I pull away taking a few steps back from him.

"Okay. Yes you were." he says and the only thing I can actually do is nod. I'm frozen. It's like my mouth just lost the ability to speak and my body is in ice.

But he jumps right in again. "At the time though. Right now you not a bet. It was in the beginning, before it actually got serious between-" I then cut him off.

"My guy. I'm literally a bloody game to you? All you do is toy around with me and I'm expected to understand-" he then cuts me off.

"No. You not a game. I'm serious about something for the first time in a long time and-" I cut him off.

"Trey. I'm done." at this point, I'm just biting my bottom lip to prevent myself from crying. I'm tired of him and everything. I'm just so fucken drained.

I turn around and walk to my gate and I feel him pull me back. "Please don't do this." he says. And I see he is minutes away from crying too. Bsshhh.

"Boy, spare me the crocodile tears." I say rolling my eyes.

He talks again. His voice shaky this time. "Please. Kelly. I love you. You are literally the best thing that has-" I cut him off finishing for him, "ever happened to you." I roll my eyes.

He holds my hand and I just look at him and his hands. "Just let me explain. Please?" He pleads. But at this point I'm tired of lies. I'm tired of being used. I'm just so drained.

"Trey. I'm drained. I'm tired. So spare me the lies and all. I'm done trying for you. I'm tired." I say then walk away. I open the gate to the house and walk in.

He says something before I disappear. "So just like that. Really?" he asks and I just look at him.

"Yes. Maybe now you can be free to fuck, kiss, hug any girl you want. You can do anything that makes you happy." I say biting my bottom lip.

I see him clench his jaw and a tear escapes his eye. "But you're the girl I want to kiss, hug and fuck. You make me happy." he says and I roll my eyes.

"And I'm gonna prove it to you. I'll wait for you." he says and he just stares at me wiping the tear off of his face.

"Don't bother." I say then disappear to the corner. I get in the house then lock it.