Chapter 5

"What?" I ask. Then I hear the people around me laugh and giggle.

"You will show Thandi there around and make her feel welcome." he says explaining the same shit he said the first time.

"No, I heard you. But are you asking me or telling me, or I basically do not have a choice?" I ask.

I seriously hate showing new students around because most of them are either weird, too loud, or too quiet or just point blank boring.

"I'm asking you, if you don't want, I'll get another student to do it." he says then I nod my head.

"No problem I'll do it, just don't like being forced." I say then put my attention on the girl.

I look at her unsure of what to say. I mean I've never done this before. As I'm about to talk Lisa saves me.

"Hey I'm Lisa." she introduces herself to the girl.

"Thandi." the girl says.

"Nice to meet you." she adds.

This girl seems pretty cool. I mean she's the first person to greet back without stuttering or being a nervous wreck.

"So which school do you come from?" I ask her then she looks at me.

"Girls high." she says then I nod. Mmhhh. I love the confidence.

"Which one?" I ask.

"Pretoria." she answers.

"Oh nice." I say. Then we kinda exchange small talk with the girl. Also the boys joining in.

"Why did you change schools, cause you were in a good school. Then you decided to come to this nonsense?" I ask her then she giggles. Ah, nice smile.

"It was closer and Pretoria is a bit far from here." she says then I nod. Makes sense.

The bell rings then I pack my books in my bag and wait for her to pack her things up. I take out my flip file as it has my timetable and Lisa does the same.

"Hey, can we see your time table so we can see which classes we have together?" Lisa asks. Then the girl gives her and Lisa and I compare.

"Oh okay. So you're with me period one, four, five, six and eight then you and lisa have three and ten." I say the she nods.

In all honesty I wasn't directly talking to her I was just thinking out loud as to how this will work.

"Then two, seven, and nine you alone, but we'll introduce you to people." I say then she nods.

"Okay bruh we going to LO where you going?" I ask Lisa.

"Uhm... LO, but with Ms Zulu." Lisa says.

We all get out of the class. I hug Lisa and she waves Thandi bye and she leaves.

When we arrive in LO I had to explain to the teacher that Thandi is new and all then she gets a sit next to me. AGAIN.

Then we had a group of boys annoying the hell out of our teacher.

One of them came to us, then whispered something in Thandi's ear and she responded with, "Sorry. But I'm not interested." I look at her for a while, surprised that she didn't even give the guy a chance. I mean he is mooi.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's after-school now. I'm waiting for Lisa at the gate. Today has been good. I haven't seen Trey the whole day, which is kind of weird cause we in the same English class. And I don't think I saw him getting in.