Chapter 6

"Oh, then you can come with us. Kelly lives in that street." Gianna says.

"Oh?" Thandi says looking at me. But also questionable. Makes sense, they telling her I live in her street and she can come with, but she doesn't even know where she's going.

"Thandi do you have anywhere to go or you wanna come with. We'll tell you where we going on the way there." I say.

"Oh okay then I don't mind coming with." she says. Finally we can go.

When we leave the school we go to a shop we occasionally go to, to buy slap chips but made the South African way. On the way there we talk.

"Did you tell your dad not to come anymore?" Lisa asks and I nod.

"Yep." I say. Then she nods and carries on walking.

"So Thandi, we got this thing we do, whereas on specific days we go to some shop and buy chips and depending on how much we got and how hungry we are, we get cool drink and bread." Lisa explains.

"Oh okay." Thandi says.

"So you have cash with you?" Kianna asks.

"Uhm... Yeah, I do." she says.

"Okay, so you gonna want or not?" Lisa asks.

"Yeah, I'm hungry." she says.

"Great, then we can all eat." Gianna says.

We carry on walking a few more kilometers till we get there. When we get there I say, "Okay guys let's check how much cash we got. You too Thandi."

Everyone takes out their money and I count it. In total I count R105.

"Shap guys we got one hundred and five. What are we buying?" I ask.

"So I'm hella hungry, so we can buy chips, the bread loaf and lemon twist." Gianna says, then I look at everyone for confirmation.

After that we get in the shop and order. We pay and get R24 change. "Yall can share that. I'm good." I say then I go to the other aisle to go get paper cups.

I get the cups and as I turn around I see my ex, well not really an ex, cause I guess it was just maybe I felt guilty about the shit.

I only dated her cause I didn't want to lose her as a friend and that was happening at the time. But I only realised after I got with her that I was never gonna actually lose her and maybe I was exploring. I guess.

After her telling me that she's into me I wasn't really sure I was actually into girls. I tell myself I'm not into girls, but I'm not exactly sure.

I snap out of my thoughts when she calls me. "Hey." I say and hug her and she hugs back.

"How have you been? I don't see you anymore." she says.

"I'm good and you. But we talk." I say.

"I great. Yes but we don't meet." she says.

"Yeah." We carry on talking until the others find me.

"Ahhh Kelly, you were supposed to get the-" she stops when she sees Rethabile.

"Oh... Hi." she says coming closer.

"Hey." Rethabile says back. But they don't hug.

Lisa doesn't really like her cause of what went down between her and I. And she also wanted her ex.

Lisa also dated a girl, but that chick cheated on her and all that, then she realised she was never into girls so yeah. Then later found out that Rethabile and her ex were busy on the side so that just made things worse. It was 3 years ago but she still doesn't like her for shit.