Chapter 14

I go to the end of the till next to Jace whilst Lisa and Thandi take out the things. When we done the final amount is R404, 83. He looks at me then I laugh.

I know I'm wrong for laughing, but that's funny as hell. And it's mostly my things.

He taps his card whilst clenching his jaw then we get the slip and leave.

"Okay now, the liquor." Lisa says.

We get to the entrance of Tops at Spar and ask the security guy if we can leave our groceries there then we all get in with no problem.

We go to the back where there is a fridge and I get five packs of six pack brutal fruit and four packs of sminorff pine nut, then when I'm done I go get a bottle of Cruz and Ciroc and lastly Tanqueray. I feel I'm done.

"Jace, what do boys like drinking?" I ask him then he goes to the whiskey aisle and gets a bottle of Jameson, Johnnie Walker and Jack Daniels then I look at him.

"Didn't you say it's too expensive?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I never said I don't have the money." he says then Lisa, Thandi and I look back at each other surprised.

He goes to the fridge at the back and gets three packs of Windhoek beer and another three packs of Corona and last Russian Bear Gin.

"Done." he says then we go with the trolley to the till.

"Just a question. How are we gonna carry all of this?" I ask him then we look back and forth at each other. He taps his card still looking at us.

"So we didn't think this through." Thandi says then we all nod.

We take the plastics and put them with the rest of our stuff while we think.

"Okay, how about Kelly runs home and gets the car then comes back." Jace suggests.

"Yeah that's smart. Lemme go." I say then he stops me.

"First, who is the fastest?" he asks.

"It's me and even if it wasn't. They weren't gonna drive my rents car." I say then he nods.

"Oh yah, then why you still here." he says then I look at him.

"Bro." I say still looking at him like he's dumb.

"Just go." he says then I leave.

When I leave the centers gate I start jog sprinting then I make it to the gate I put my fingerprint on the scanner and get in and start running again.

I make it to the house and open the door and get the keys to the car and I drive off.

When I get to the center I park then get out.

"That was fast." Thandi says.

"I been telling you I'm fast." l say.

"I believe you now." she says then I just smile at her.

We carry the plastics and put them in the boot of the car. When we finish we put the trolley on the passage. Then I get an idea.

"Guys don't you think I should buy hubbly?" I ask when I get to them by the car.

"For this weekend?" Lisa asks. I look at her.

"No. For when my parents come back. Obviously this weekend."

"There was no need for sarcasm." she says.

"Yeah, but when do you think I was gonna use it?" I ask.

"I was just confirming." she says.

"Some questions answer themselves." I say.

"That's smart, but where is it gonna stay?" Thandi asks.