Chapter 25

I leave my room and go downstairs. I go to the kitchen and grab two bottles of water in the fridge.

As I go upstairs I turn around cause I would've sworn I saw someone in the living room.

"Riley?" I say arching my eyebrow.

"Why you still here?" I ask leaning on the chair with my hands.

"I'm waiting for an Uber." she says.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Around eight." she says. Wtf.

"Nah. You can't be using Ubers at this time." I say.

"But what can I do cause my rents aren't home?" she asks.

"Where are they?" I ask.

"They went to dinner." she says. Oh.

"Ayt then, we got many room here so you can tell them you spending the night cause Kelly doesn't want me to Uber and this time." I say sitting down next to her.

"Really?" she asks.

"Yeah. We friends. It'd be dumb of me to let you take an Uber at this time." I say then she pulls me in a hug.

"Thank you." she says then I let go.

"No problem. Let's go." I say.

I say getting up. I lock the trellidoor by the stairs. I let her walk in front of me then I lead her to one of the spare bedrooms.

"So. I'll see you in the morning." I say going to the door.

"Cool." she says.

"Goodnight." I say.

"Night." she says then I close her door.

I turn around and get the fright of my life.

"What the fuck joh?" I say looking at her.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

"Nothing. Her rents aren't around to fetch her so I let her spend the night." I say.

"And does Thandi know this?" she asks.

"Lisa joh. Where is this going. And what does Thandi have to do with this?" I ask.

"Oh I don't know. Just the fact that you allowed a person who has a crush on you to spend the night and your girlfriend doesn't know." she says then I look at her.

"Bruh. Nothing is going on between Riley and I. Get over yourself, and I'm not hiding shit from Thandi." I say.

"Fine." she says then walks away. What the fuck was that about. I mean I'm just helping a friend irregardless of how she feels about me. I'm not about to try shit with Riley. Out here tryna ruin my night.

I walk back to my room and hear the shower. I sit on my bed and grab my phone. I answer to a few chats then go on tick tock and watch some videos.

"Oh you back?" Thandi says grabbing her lotion.

"Yeah I just went to get water." I say.

"Oh. And where is it?" she asks then I look to my bedside stand. Shit. I look on my study desk and nothing. Ahhh damn. Left it in the room Riley is in.

"Uhm, must've left it. Lemme go get it." I say getting up.

"Okay." she says then I step out of the room.

I knock when I get to the room and I'm told to come in. I open the door.

"Oh I just came to fetch the-." shit.