Chapter 12

"Hi guys." I say when I get to the rest. "Hey hey." Thandi says then the rest say hi back.

"Bruh did you do your accounting homework?" Riley asks me.

"Nah bruh. You know I don't do that shit." I say.

"Of course. How could I forget?" she sarcastically says.

"I know this a dumb question, but does anyone else here take accounting and is your homework done?" Riley says.

"Oh uhm yeah I'm done." Thandi says. I looked at her and immediately smile. I really don't know what this girl has me on cause ever since I met her I been smiling.

I watch her every movement from when she unzips her bag to get the book and gives it to Riley to when she closes her bag.

It's always that thing that I have to be around her, like if I'm not my mood immediately goes down. And she looks too good today. The outfit she's wearing is really doing the most and it's not making it any easier for me.

"Kelly." Lisa calls me and I snap out of my thoughts.

"Hmm?" I answer but not taking my gaze away from Thandi.

"What's wrong. What are you looking at?" she asks me. I immediately look at the floor and say, "nothing." but she still looks at the direction I was looking.

She sees Thandi is there and she just shakes her head. "Kelly, for real what's going on with you?" she asks.

I shake my head and say, "nothing." she doesn't seem to believe me though.

"Bruh come here." she says as she walks away from the others. I follow and we stand from quite a distance from them.

"Yeah?" I say when we stop walking.

"Nah actually let's sit down for this." she says then I look at her. What is this gonna be about jeez.

We sit then she asks me again, "Kelly be honest. What's going on with you?" I look at her confused like I don't know what she's talking about.

"Bruh like nothing." I say.

My gaze shifts away from her and lands on Thandi. She looks so damn beautiful. I watch her and I see her laughing and I find myself smiling. I didn't even intend for that to happen, but I doubt I even have control over what I'm doing anymore.

"And you doing it again." Lisa says then I quickly look at her again.

"What?" I ask her. I'm so bad at acting dumb but cool.

"Kelly, you're a good liar but these past few days you have been really bad at it, and I think you forget I know you." she says.

Yeah tell me about it. I can't lie anymore.

"So?" I ask cause I don't get her point.

"Okay lemme rephrase. Thandi. What's going on there?" she asks. Literally nothing bruh. Like I don't know what would make her think that.

"Nothing. Bruh what are you on about. Stop beating around the bush and ask the question you want to ask." I say.

She knows I hate it when she or anyone for that matter beats around the bush with me.

"Okay. But promise me you won't get defensive and you will tell me the truth." I look at her and nod my head.

"So you swear on your grandfathers grave right?" she asks. Ahhh why.

"But why must I swear on his grave?" I ask. Like why.

"So you don't lie." she says. Ahh come on.

"I'm not gonna lie." I lie already.