three

III.              Arthur Rants

AUSTRALIA: March 2023

TWITTER:

@fan111: already on my way there!

@fan21: one of the best parts of a GP!

            Ollie and Arthur laughed as their host read some posters that were being held by the crowd. It was another day, a new Sprint Race to happen that Saturday, although the excitement was there, for the two it was a normal weekend.

            Given it was a new track, they were just itching to get into their cars and give all that they got. As Arthur scanned the crowd with a smile, Ollie was answering a question directed towards him.

            "Arthur, what about you? Excited for this sprint race?" the host asked. Although before he could answer, his wandering eyes caught sight of hers. There in the crowd was the redheaded beauty he has been admiring from a far for the whole season now.

            The same redhead that seemed to be around him ever since the season started. The same redhead that seemed to know everyone but him.

            Arthur didn't realize he had zoned out, his jaw hanging and his eyes wide. That was until Ollie nudged him, "You okay mate?" the taller driver whispered.

            This broke the Monegasque from his trance and gripped the microphone before turning to the patient host, he gulped, "Sorry?" he asked with a blush on his cheeks.

            The host chuckled, "You excited for the sprint?" they repeated, not wanting to make a big deal about the fact that the Monegasque was pretty much distracted and zoned out. Arthur hummed, "As excited as one can be. I just have one goal in mind."

            "And that would be?"

            Arthur took this chance to glance back at the crowd, his eyes coming back to the sight of the beautiful redhead looking up the stage. He then looked back at his good friend and the host, he smiled widely, "Finish the race."

TWITTER:

@fan19: will watch the sprint race at F2???

            @lettiefin: wouldn't miss it for the world!

@fan0019: radiant as ever Lettie!

@fan11:you're in redbull this race, but what about Oscar and Daniel??? Surely you'll support our resident home racers??

            @lettiefin: don't tell anyone but I am cheering for my co-australians

            @DanielRicciardo: that's our co-australian

            @OscarPiastri: good to know we have the paddock crush in our side

            @lettiefin: just don't tell Redbull 😉

            F2 SPRINT RACE: While the drivers await the moment for them to get in their cars, they have found themselves all gathered together and just chatting. Like the drivers in F1, they were indeed friends and can hold a conversation, which was what was happening at the moment.

            Although, as Paul looked around he realized they were missing two heads. "Okay, did we forget to call Arthur and Ollie?" he pointed out. Dino shook his head, "No, they were on their way here from fanstage." He said.

            Before anyone else can ask, the missing two entered their small area. "Hey guys, hope we didn't miss anything." Ollie said as he sat down next to Dino who shook his head, "Good because in coming." The Brit warned.

            The others were confused but then their calm and peaceful moment was disturbed by Arthur barging in and almost falling onto Jack Doohan.

            "Whoa there Arthur, you good?" Jack asked. The Monegasque looked at his friends as he struggled to level his breathing. Ollie scoffed and shook his head, "He's about to rant."

            The others groaned, they know what this meant. "In 3, 2, 1-" Paul was cut off with Arthur speaking, "She was there. At the fanstage. There watching us. Looking- what's the word, uh- joli, magnifique, beau-"

            "Okay, we get Arthur, but breathe." Dino said as he laughed. The Monegasque breathed, looking between the drivers. "Are you calm now?" Ollie asked with a laugh.

            Arthur nodded, "I am." He said as he took the seat next to Paul, "But that doesn't change the fact that she was there. That she attended the F2 fanstage, with me and Ollie in it. I- she was there."

            Jack looked at him and then towards Paul, "Am I the only one who's confused on who this she is?" he asked. The Estonian laughed, "Don't worry also Arthur himself don't know who she is."

            Fred Vesti looked at him more confused, "What? I mean what? How can you have a crush on someone that you don't know-"

            "Because she's her! If you've seen her you would. She has this bright red head, sparkling eyes-"

            "Eyes that you don't know what the color of." Ollie cut him off. Arthur kicked his chair making him fall on the ground making the group chuckle before turning back to the Monegasque, "So, what's your plan? Or the right question would be, do you have a plan?" Fred asked.

            Arthur sighed and leaned into his seat, he simply shrugged, not saying anything. The other drivers (aside from Ollie who rolled his eyes) looked at each other in shock.

            "You want my advice?" Dino suddenly asked. Arthur looked at him, "Yes and no." he admitted making his friends laugh and the Swedish to roll his eyes, "You know asking for help won't make you any less."

"Thank you but I want to try on my own first."