eight

VIII.              Her Message

MONACO: May 2023

TWITTER:

@fan100: such pretty emerald eyes

            @lightningmcharles: I think @arturo agrees 😏

            @arturo: why can't you ever shut up???

            @lightningmcharles: ATEEE he's bullying me!!! @ateange

            @arturo: tattle tail!

            @ateange: QUIET

@Arthur_Leclerc: Ferrari doesn't do it enough, so I will, WELCOME TO RED!

            @lettiefin: what a welcome indeed 😁

            @pastry: luhhh they're flirting ohhhh

            @olls: let him be, he's always flirty

            @arturo: I will choke you

            @ateange: how rude hmmmm

            @arturo: sorrryyyyy naaaaa

INSTAGRAM:

*You have blocked this user*

            RACE DAY: Lettie shrieked and threw her phone to the ground. Her eyes wide as her shoulders went up and down. She stared at her phone in shock, she cannot believe that Arthur had seen her message. It was a shock. Something that she didn't know whether or not to be happy or terrified.

            Of course, she knew that Arthur now knew of her existence and she "calmly" accepted that but what she was not prepared for was for the driver to find her online, and on Instagram of all places where she has been sending him good luck messages since the start of the season.

            She groaned and cringed. She will now face the embarrassment of her choices in the past and also the consequence of her newest action; blocking Arthur Leclerc on Instagram.

            Lettie doesn't know how long she has been sitting at one of the chairs inside the hospitality. This meant, when Thalie walked up to her and tapped on her shoulder, she jumped and looked up at her in shock.

            "Geez Thalie, you scared me." She said as she placed her hand on her chest. The Monegasque model snickered and crossed her arms, she raised an eyebrow at her, "What happened?" she asked.

            The redhead furrowed her eyebrows at her, "Wh-what? Why do you think something happened?" she asked with a snicker.

            Thalie sighed, "I know something happened because why would you be staring into the unknown while Arthur's race is about to start-"

            "What?!" Lettie asked as she jumped up to her feet and rushed to the balcony where a few other VIPs were there. She looked down at the track to see the F2 cars all ready to start.

            She bit her lip nervously as she remembered what she did. She didn't want to cause Arthur to overthink, "I'm an idiot." She muttered to herself as she gripped the railing.

            Thalie, who was standing behind her became confused. "What do you mean?" she asked. Lettie sighed, she turned to her friend and frowned, "I might have blocked Arthur on Instagram-"

            "You what?" Thalie asked as she rushed to the redhead. Lettie sighed and shook her head, "I didn't mean to." She muttered and turned back to face the track. Her eyes focused on Arthur's car.

            "I panicked. He saw my messages and- my hand slipped?" she reasoned. Thalie shook her head, "So that's why Arthur was staring at his phone confusedly earlier."

            Lettie groaned, "Its my fault. I'm distracting him." She muttered. But Thalie will not let this happen, she shook her head and patted Lettie's hand, the redhead looked at her and pouted, making the older model chuckle.

            "You're anything but. Just explain to him later." She advised. Lettie was not able to respond because the feature race started, and like any other weekend, her focus was only on the red car with the number 12 on it.

TWITTER:

@LissieMackintosh: hiiiii!!!!

@ScuderiaFerrari: I hope you had fun! 😉

            Lettie was on her way out the paddock when she heard her name being called. She turned only to see Arthur Leclerc rushing to her.

            Her eyes immediately widened and gulped, she didn't move though, that's why Arthur was now in front of her. "Hey." She muttered.

            He hummed, "Sorry to bother you but can I ask something?"

            The model hummed and nodded, "Sure." "Well, can I ask- its something silly but I just- why did you block me?" he asked.

            She can see the confusion in his eyes, she sighed and bit her lip, "Well I- I- its embarrassing." She grumbled. He raised an eyebrow at her, "Oh, well you don't have to-"

            "I'm worried you'll think I'm weird because of my messages!" she blurted out.

            The two of them blinked at each other, Arthur hummed, "I don't think its weird, I think its sweet."

            And just like that, her heart leaped as did his.