nineteen

XIX.              Literally Falling

NETHERLANDS: August 2023

TWITTER:

@OscarPiastri: what a great model you have there

            @lettiefin: great model but I almost fell to my death

            @OscarPiastri: don't be dramatic, someone caught you 😉

            @fan24: is this flirting????

            @fan234: no I think they're friends

            @fan211: she's friends with mostly everyone in the paddock

            @fan34: that's why she's called the paddock crush in the first place

@olls: you're a stealer @pastry

            @pastry: stop being oa

            @olls: @arturo oh look Oscar is stealing

            @pastry: you weren't there, how will I still her when he literally fell for her

            @olls: what? Someone fill me in

            @LoganSargeant: I will

            @olls: I won't listen if you won't make a private

            @LoganSargeant: then you will never know

            @olls: what the hell

            Lettie was walking around the paddock with her camera, she had brought this for this race weekend and had intended to take some pictures. Which was what she was doing now.

            She had realized that she didn't deserve to hide in the Alpine garage just because Arthur Leclerc was dating someone, she had to prove that she wasn't affected (despite being utterly crushed when she first found out about what happened).

            The moment she got in that morning, she was quick to take shots, she was quickly noticed by some of media and also took some pictures of her having fun with her camera. But it was Kym Illman that had kept her company, or the other way around; she kept him company.

            The model has become the photographer and has joined Kym in his walk around the paddock as he photographed the people in the paddock as well as the drivers.

            They were making great conversations as they took some photos when Lettie caught sight of the younger Australian on the grid. "Ooh Oscar! I need to take a photo of him." She said.

            Kym chuckled, "You seem excited?" he asked as he followed the girl. The man watched in amusement when she crouched down and waved at Oscar to get his attention.

            "I owe a friend a picture of Oscar. She kind of has a crush on him." She hushly said. Kym chuckled once more before patting her back, "I'll just be there, I think Max also just arrived."

            Lettie smiled gratefully at the man before nodding, she turned once more to Oscar who was laughing with his trainer. Holding up her camera again, she snapped some photos, she laughed when Oscar gave her two thumbs up.

            She checked the photos in her camera, but as she does so, someone quite literally tripped on her. This resulted on her almost falling to her butt but a hand grabbed pulled her around, saving her from the floor.

            Lettie heard a groan, she turned as she rubbed the pressure that was left on her arm. Her lips parted slightly in shock to see who had tripped on her and saved her from falling hard in the process.

            "Arthur..." she trailed, still in shock. Despite having confidence of not hiding away in the Alpine garage, she was not expecting to interact or even see Arthur.

            "Lettie." He answered as he immediately stood up. They both stared at each other, as if they hadn't seen each other for years.

            "You look great." Arthur said out of the blue. Lettie hummed and nodded before looking away from him. Checking if any of the press that was around them noticed the situation they were in, the last thing she wanted was to be painted as a homewrecker.

            "Um, Lettie, how are you?" he asked catching her attention. She looked back at him with a blank expression, catching Arthur off guard.

            "I'm okay. You? I saw, you should have told me you were seeing someone."

            "What?"

            Lettie raised an eyebrow at him, "Blythe. Your girlfriend." Arthur's shoulders sagged and he cleared his throat, "Actually I didn't even know I was with her." He mumbled.

            "What?"

            Arthur opened his mouth to explain but he was cut off by someone calling him, "Arthur!" From a distance the two saw who it was.

            The blonde French model that was supposedly dating Arthur Leclerc.

            Lettie stood there and watched the two interact, they wrapped their arms around each other, making the redhead feel awkward.

            She cleared her throat, catching the attention of the couple in front of her. "Oh sorry. I didn't know you were talking to someone- Nicolette Finley."

            The blonde's face showed recognition, "We worked together remember? For the organization, way back in 2018." She said.

            The redhead chuckled, "In France right?" she asked. The blonde nodded, "Yeah, oh gosh I never thought we would meet again."

            "Yeah." Lettie said with a breath. She glanced  at Arthur who was already looking at them, more at her. "Uh..."

            Blythe beamed and smiled, "Right, Nicolette meet Arthur my boyfriend, Arthur meet Nicolette." She introduced the two, not knowing that they know each other really well.

            Lettie gulped but sent him a tight lipped smile, "Nice to meet you." She said and offered her hand. Arthur looked like he wanted to say something but Lettie sent him a look which made him sigh, he accepted her hand and shook it, "Nice to meet you."