twenty nine

XXIX.              Balcony Views

QATAR: October 2023

TWITTER:

@fan220: I swear she has been with Arthur the whole weekend

@olls:just tell the public already

            @paulito: let them admit to each other first

            @olls: oh they haven't

            Lettie walked outside the balcony and towards Arthur who was talking to Thalie. It was the model who noticed the redhead first, "Lettie!" she greeted.

            The younger model chuckled and accepted the awaiting hug from the Monegasque. Her eyes however quickly laid on Arthur who was leaning on the railing and smiling at her.

            The two models pulled away from each other, "Oh I missed you. Sorry I wasn't able to attend your show." Thalie said. Lettie chuckled and shook her head, "It's all good Thals."

            The two girls started to catch up, not realizing that Arthur was memorizing how Lettie looks like today. The way she was smiling and telling stories to Thalie excitedly. He didn't realize he was gawking at her.

            Thalie nudged Lettie and she glanced towards him. She smirked and turned to Arthur, "I know I look gorgeous but you don't have to stare at me." She joked.

            Arthur's cheeks turned red and warm, he huffed and crossed his arms, "Can you blame me? You look beautiful Lettie." He said confidently.

            Lettie chuckled and raised an eyebrow at him, "Are you flirting with me?" she asked. He smiled and tilted his head, "And if I am?"
             The redhead was not able to say anything because Thalie groaned, "Okay I get it you two like each other. I'm gonna go and say good luck to Charles." She said before waving goodbye to go to her boyfriend.

            The two laughed before they realized that they were left just them. Lettie leaned on the railing, looking over the grid. She felt Arthur's gaze on her, like he wanted to say something.

            She sighed, "Do I have to squeeze whatever question you have out of you?" she asked, turning her head towards him.

            Arthur hummed and licks his lips, an action the redhead caught sight off. "I just- I know we established that we both like each other."

            "Yes?" Lettie asked, confused where Arthur was going with his question. He let out a breath, "Something is just keeping me thinking."

            "And that is?"

             "Jason. Is he- does he- I-"

            The redhead grabbed his hands, intertwined their fingers. He looked at their hands and then back to her eyes. He didn't realize he was frowning until Lettie chuckled, letting his hands free once again to push the sides of his lips up to a smile.

            "Relax Arthur. Jason is nothing but a friend. We hit it off but honestly, he is very much smitten with his girlfriend." She explained.

            He let out a chuckle and nodded. Grabbing her hands, intertwining their fingers again, "Good. I don't want any competition."

            She snickered and pinched his palm, "Ow." He said with a smirk. Rolling her eyes, she raised his right arm and hugged it as she turned their bodies to face the view of the balcony, where the F1 cars were being pushed to the grid.

            "There's no competition Arthur. Whether you like it or not, you have me to deal with."

            Arthur chuckled and kissed her head, "Lucky for you. I like the sound of that."

            She smiled and looked up at him, "Really?"

            He raised an eyebrow at her, "Lettie, I have admired you. Even when you changed your hair blonde one weekend." He pointed out.

            Her eyes widened in shock, cheeks blushing as she remembered her blonde era. She groaned and hid her face in his chest making him laugh. He wrapped his arms around her.

            "Don't worry mon chou, it doesn't matter what your hair color is, I will always see you."

            Lettie didn't realize that this feeling was real. She thought that being loved was only for the lucky people like her best friend. But there she was right now, in the arms of the guy that she had been admiring from a far for months.

            She let out a sigh, he kissed her head and hugged her closer as the race started and the cars were off, including his brother's.