five

V.              Best Friend Advice

AUSTRALIA: April 2023

TWITTER:

@LIVing: finally sigh

            @lettiefin: you missed me

            @LIVing: 😁👍

INSTAGRAM:

            The two Australians had finally met up after a whole month of being separated due to Lettie's job

            The two Australians had finally met up after a whole month of being separated due to Lettie's job. The two were very much excited to see each other but one thing, despite Lettie telling her stories of her work and travels, she seemed to be distracted.

            "Bahrain was absolutely beautiful, a bit hot but seeing as I am from Australia, its not a problem. Although, I was not able to sightsee in Saudi like in Bahrain, McLaren has tapped me to model for a new clothing launch back there." As Lettie was speaking, she seemed to glance at her phone a lot. Locking and unlocking it, which annoyed and worried Olivia a lot.

            So, with quick wits and hands, Olivia leaned forward and grabbed her best friend's phone, "Aha!"

            "Liv!"

            The shorter girl tucked her best friend's phone in her pocket, "What is so important about your phone that you cannot seem to have lunch with me without checking on it?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

            Lettie gulped and shrugged, she took a bite of her food, "I don't know." Her answer only made Liv raise an eyebrow at her, "Oh really? You don't know. Hm, what could it be? Not work, you have the whole week off, its not your parents because they're on a cruise, and its definitely not me..." Liv trailed.

            The brunette studied the redhead who cannot even look at her. She narrowed her eyes, it wasn't every day that her best friend would act so guilty or hide something from her, unless...

            "Oh goodness Lettie. Is it about Arthur Leclerc again?"

            The redhead shook her head and looked at her best friend and let out a laugh, "What? Why would it be about him? I mean, its not like I was stalking him." She said.

            Although, when Lettie looked at her best friend, Liv did not look convinced or amused. She had an eyebrow raised, "Try again." She said.

            Lettie sighed, her shoulders sagged defeated, "I was just checking his posts." She admitted. Liv sighed and placed the redhead's phone back on the table, "Listen to me Lettie-"

            "I know what you'll say. All of you do. I just..." Lettie trailed and shook her head. Liv hummed, "Just scared of what his reaction would be." She finished for her best friend.

            The redhead sighed but nodded, "I know, its silly-"

            "It's not." Liv cut her off and placed a hand on top of hers, "I get it. Its terrifying, the what ifs. But you know what I think?"

            Lettie shrugged and Liv chuckled, "I think you don't have to force it. Love comes naturally, all you have to prepare for is how you will react to it when it arrives. Will accept it or run from it. But from how you are acting, I think I know the answer already."

            The best friends chuckled, smiling at each other before Liv returned Lettie's phone. "You never know, he might just be seeing you but is also going through the same dilemma as you."

            The redhead raised an eyebrow at her, "I doubt it. Arthur Leclerc-"

            "Why do you call him that?"

            Lettie looked at her confused, "That is his name." Liv raised an eyebrow at her, "Aren't you the one who told me that drivers like him are people like us. If I called you Nicolette Finley, I don't think you'd be comfortable at that."

            The redhead cringed but sighed in agreement, "I guess, but how would I know. I don't know him personally."

            "And you want that changed?" Liv asked. Lettie didn't answer but simply took a sip of her drink. This made the brunette roll her eyes, "I'll take your silence as a yes."

            "Do you blame me? I think anyone who has a crush would love to get to know them in a personal level." Lettie grumbled. Liv chuckled, "There there dear Lettie, your time will come."

            With a raised eyebrow towards her best friend who had started to pat her hand, "How are you so sure?" Liv shrugged, "I'm not but one of us has to believe right?"

INSTAGRAM:

            The best friends entered their apartment complex

            The best friends entered their apartment complex. They stood inside the lift, humming to the elevator song. Liv sighed and turned to her best friend, suddenly grabbing her hands. Lettie looked at her in shock, her eyes wide, "What-"
             "Promise me one thing Lets."

            Lettie hummed and nodded, Liv sighed and smiled, "Know your worth. Love can be treacherous, its beautiful but can still hurt you. And I don't want to see you hurt."

            Theredhead smiled and hugged her best friend, "I know. I know how to guard myheart."