twenty six

XXVI.              Real Feelings

MONACO: October 2023

TWITTER:

                        The day after the event, Lettie decided to go out and walk around Monaco for a bit

                        The day after the event, Lettie decided to go out and walk around Monaco for a bit. She didn't have any specific plans, she just wanted to walk around. But what she did not expect was to bump into Arthur Leclerc.

            She was admiring the slowly setting sun and was not looking where she was walking. And unfortunately she had hit a wall, a walking-breathing wall.

            "Shoot, sorry." She said as she steadied herself. But as she did, she also recognize the chuckle that came from the breathing wall.

            She looked up only to see Arthur there looking at her with a small smile, "Hi." He said.

            Lettie didn't know how to react, she was still conflicted and confused why he was here. She cleared her throat, "Arthur."

            Her response made him frown, "And here I thought you would be thrilled to see me-"

            "Why are you here?"

            Arthur stared at her in shock, "What- I live here Lettie."

            "I know." She said exasperatedly, she let out a breath like it was the heaviest thing on her chest, "But why are you here? You're supposed to be in London with Blythe." She said further.

            The driver licked his lips as he looked at her intently, "I didn't go."

            This only confused her, "She's your girlfriend."

            Arthur wanted to tell her the truth, right there and there. He gulped, it was on the tip of his tongue, ready to come out in hopes it can bring whatever they were having earlier in the season. But it didn't, he knew he couldn't legally.

            Not right now at least. He was after all on his way to his PR Manager, he knew he would be hearing an earful from him, especially now that he was getting later every second that passes by as he stood in front of Lettie.

            He didn't realize it but he was staring at the redhead for a while making her impatient and flustered. She shook her head and walked around him, "Excuse me." She muttered and opted to walk away.

            But he didn't let her, he turned as she walked around him, grabbing her arm.

            "Don't." she said still not looking at him.

            "Lettie-"

            "No." she cut him off. She finally turned to him again, gently pulling her arm away from him, "You don't get to show up at one of my biggest projects, or send flowers to me with a note all of a sudden after what you have done."

            "What did I do? You were the one who started to ignore me-"

            "Because you have a girlfriend!"

            Arthur looked at her in shock, "Lettie, what does got to do with anything?"

            Lettie couldn't help but scoff, "Are you for real? Every single person at the paddock knows."

            "Know what?" he asked again, clearly confused. But as his mind was confused, it seemed as though his heart knew or was hoping for something. It was beating erratically in his chest.

            The redhead let out a sigh, "You don't know how long I have been admiring you Arthur. I only accept invites to races that F2 has for you. I only push myself to be in fan stages to see you. And then we met and we got to know each other, it was like a dream come true. It was like my life was starting to become complete, the puzzle was slowly getting fixed and the only missing piece was you."

            "Lettie..."

            "But you didn't want to be a part of it." She muttered. The sun had set and the lights of the streets of Monaco had turned on.

            Lettie shook her head, "But I can't blame you. Blythe is gorgeous. I can see you with her."

            "But you-"

            "It's you. It's always been you. And it will always be you. But I yell at myself and my imagination because of my wild thoughts whenever I think that you will also see me that way. So, if you will please- if its her, let it be her and don't string me along."

            And just as how fast he bumped into her, it was also how fast she disappeared. She disappeared into the night of his hometown. The heavy feeling in his heart was still there. Despite getting and hearing what his heart was expecting, it still left it heavy.

            And unlike before when she can be spotted even with how crowded or dark a place is, this time, he couldn't. It was like the darkness of the night had become too much for him, that even her vibrant red hair had become as black as the night sky.

            It was tragic.

            As he was mulling over what he was told and what had happened, his phone buzzed. He sighed as he looked down to see multiple text messages from his PR manager. But the last message was the only important one.

            His heavy heart started to beat erratically again.

MESSAGES: