nine

IX.              Pretty

SPAIN: June 2023

TWITTER:

*@Arthur_Leclerc liked this tweet*

            Arthur was not escaping the allegations of his brothers on being smitten by the beauty of the readhead. And despite denying it multiple times, the older brothers did not believe a single thing he was trying to prove. What with his stutter and bright red cheeks, clearly his words were against what he was truly feeling.

            After Monaco, a new race was up and Arthur found himself in Barcelona because of three things; one, F2 race weekend, second, F1 race weekend, and third, Lettie Finley would be there.

            Although being disappointed to hear that the model was a guest of Mercedes and not Ferrari, he decided not to focus on that but rather try to look for her. So, once he arrived at the paddock and tended to his responsibilities and tasks, he was back out the media filled paddock to try and catch a glimpse of the model he was starting to like.

            He didn't had to look that hard, after only a few minutes of walking around and looking, he caught sight of her. There walking towards the motorhomes was Lettie with Thalie. Arthur noted how they seemed to be talking about something serious.

            But that did not stop him from walking towards them, his already hammering heart only became faster when the green eyes he cannot seem to forget caught sight of his own green eyes.

            Arthur didn't stop walking towards them though, he fought his racing heartbeat and had finally reached the two models. It was Lettie who noticed him first, she smiled at him and stopped walking.

            "Arthur, are you okay? You seem rattled." She pointed out. At that moment, Thalie was now looking at the youngest Leclerc and the redhead model, but she didn't say anything though. She wanted to see what Arthur had up in his sleeve.

            The Monegasque gulped but nodded, "I'm good." He simply answered. Lettie hummed and smiled wider, "Is there something you want? You seem like you were in a rush to get to us." She said.

            If Arthur could say it, he would have said that Lettie was a mind reader because how can a person guess or conclude that someone wanted to say something. Was it the way he walked? The way he looked? Or the way his cheeks were bright read?

            But he knew he had to say something, he didn't want to look like a fool and just gawk at her again.

            "You look pretty." He suddenly said. All of three of them realized what the Monegasque said, their eyes widened.

            "What did you say?" the redhead model asked in shock and excitement.

            "Uh-I said you look shitty. Good day Lettie!" Arthur said and rushed away.

            The two models were left there to their confused thoughts. "What?" Lettie asked. The moment she uttered those words, Thalie let out a loud laugh, snickering in the process.

            "He's an idiot." The Monegasque model said. The Australian chuckled, "Weird. That was sudden." She pointed out and continued walking towards the Mercedes hospitality.

            Thalie smiled at her, looping her arm into hers, "I think Arthur panicked." She said. This made Lettie confused, she snickered, "Why would he panic?" she asked.

            The brunette model sent her a look that consisted of a pursed lip, raised eyebrow and a tilt of her head. The redhead knew what that meant, and she chuckled, "I mean come on. He's Arthur Leclerc, why would he panic in talking to us."

            "Talking to you, you mean." Thalie said with a smirk as she continued to walk with her friend to Mercedes. Lettie sighed, "Me? Why? Am I that scary? Omygosh, do I scare Arthur –"

            "No you don't. He's just a bit flustered when you give him even the littlest amount of attention." Thalie said.

            "Huh. I wonder why."

            Thalie sighed but didn't say anything else. She knew that one day Lettie will realize, but right now, they arrived just in time in the Mercedes hospitality and she needed to be back at Ferrari soon.

            With a quick goodbye she parted ways with Lettie. Once she arrived at Ferrari, she caught sight of Arthur with his brother. She snickered and walked to them, hitting the youngest Leclerc in the process.

            "What the heck was that for, Thals?" Arthur said as he rubbed the area where Thalie's elbow hit him.

            The model rolled her eyes, "You ran away and called her shitty."

            "What? What did you call her?" Charles asked in horror and worry. Arthur sighed, "It was a mistake. I'll apologize."

            "You better because you owe her an explanation, even if its not your confession yet."