Nihilister - 11 (Pilgrim)

He was fully aware she won't ever admit it to his face.

Even if the machinery abominations of the Research Tower all decided to awake and hunt them down in this moment. Even if such a bad scenario played right into Nihilister's nature and forced out her battle-maniac side. She would not stop masking her worry through crude words and a fierce personality.

Eventually, this place would crumble down. That was the objective, his personal goal.

Nihilister shoved her face away from his gaze, because he didn't find her reason convincing. She wanted to bring him back, to get him away from the place where it all started. And he rejected the request.

She emitted a grumble when he scooched closer, sitting next to her.

"You really don't have to accompany me, you know."

He asked her with zero self-reservation. Being a reformed relic of the past, she could easily destroy him. But Nihilister did no such thing to those words, she only shot him a glare.

"Screw you, Human!" Then, she quickly turned away. "You're stuck with me whether you like it or not!"

The mask didn't slip. Regardless, he still saw through her.

She refused to leave him here alone.

"I heart you too."

The former Commander smiled and she snapped back with a visible blush.

"I'm going to roast you!"

For now, they needed to rest. He can worry about the existence lied beyond this floor later.