21

Fang Huanhuan lowered his head and thought for a moment. He already had an idea in mind. He raised a contemptuous smile and said to Su Yaoyun: "I won't embarrass you. I will just ask you two simple questions. If you answer them correctly, you win."

  Su Yaoyun smiled, agreed with her, and signaled Fang Huanhuan that he could ask the questions.

  Fang Huanhuan stared at Su Yaoyun's face, which was still smiling so brightly, and clenched his fists tightly, thinking to himself, I want to see if you can still smile when you can't answer any questions later.

  Knowing that Su Yaoyun grew up in the village, he naturally would not ask her questions about how to make fertilizer and how to grow crops.

  "Чтотакоемеханизациясельскогохозяйства?" (What is agricultural mechanization?)

  "I have another question, Yaoyun. What do you think of agricultural development abroad? You can speak freely. It doesn't matter which question you answer first."

  As soon as Fang Huanhuan finished speaking, her colleagues who were on good terms with her at the research institute looked at her with strange eyes. The reason was that Fang Huanhuan was clearly bullying them. Although Fang Huanhuan said there were only two questions, each one was more tricky than the other.

  She asked the first question in Russian. Not all people in the institute had been abroad, and even if they did, they did not choose to go to Russia like Fang Huanhuan. Many people were also unfamiliar with Russian, and no one believed that Su Yaoyun, a college student who had not yet graduated, knew Russian.

  The other one was even more tricky. Although it seemed that Fang Huanhuan asked in Chinese to reduce the difficulty, in order to answer the question well, not only did he need to have a good command of several languages, but he also had to keep an eye on the development of international agricultural science. Their information channels were limited, and they could only learn about foreign situations from newspapers from time to time. Presumably, except for accomplished researchers like Mr. Yan and Song Zhen, no one else dared to say that they could answer this question.

  When I think about it this way, I feel that Fang Huanhuan is bullying me.

  Mr. Yan and Song Zhen naturally knew the problem that everyone could see. Mr. Yan wanted Fang Huanhuan to change the topic or have him set the question to ensure fairness.

  Song Zhen looked at Su Yaoyun worriedly, lowered his head and whispered to her, "There is no need to participate in this competition. You have already been recognized by everyone. Whether you stay in the institute or not has nothing to do with Fang Huanhuan."

  Su Yaoyun didn't say anything. He just winked at him mischievously, signaling with his eyes that he shouldn't worry, and then answered the question in fluent Russian.

  Su Yaoyun knew that these two questions were difficult for ordinary people, but they were not difficult for her. For the first question, if Fang Huanhuan asked it in English, she might only be able to answer it haltingly, because in her own words, she was probably not born to be suitable for learning English. When she was young, she started yawning as soon as she started English class, and fell asleep as soon as she heard English listening. She took great pains to learn the CET-4 and CET-6 in college. But perhaps influenced by her grandmother who taught Russian, she learned it exceptionally well, and even chose Russian as the foreign language test in the college entrance examination.

  When everyone heard Su Yaoyun's answer, they were stunned. They were not only shocked by her pure Russian, but also by every word that came out of her mouth and the blueprint she drew.