FARMHOUSE - V

FRONT YARD - NIGHT

The night has deepened, and the search for Mark and Ben has yielded no results. The group returns to the farmhouse, exhausted and disheartened.

RIGUEL: (sighing) We need a new plan. This is getting us nowhere.

NATALIE: (frantically) What if something happened to them? What if they’re in danger?

MATT: (calmingly) We need to regroup and think clearly. We can’t afford to panic.

JAMES: (nodding) We should come up with a systematic approach. Maybe there are places we haven’t checked thoroughly.

CATHERINE: (worried) And what if they’re not even on the farm anymore? What if someone took them?

LUCAS: (determined) We’ll figure this out. Let’s go back to the house, get some rest if we can, and make a solid plan.

The friends head back into the farmhouse, their spirits low but their resolve stronger. They gather around the living room, trying to devise a new strategy.

LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

The group sits in the dimly lit living room, discussing their next steps. Their voices are hushed as they brainstorm ideas.

ELLA: (frustrated) We’ve covered a lot of ground, but we need to be more organized. We should split into teams and cover different areas more thoroughly.

MATT: (agreeing) Good idea. We’ll need to check every possible spot, even if it means rechecking places we’ve already looked.

NATALIE: (supportively) And maybe we can use some local contacts to help. If there’s anyone around here who might know something, it’s worth asking.

JAMES: (nodding) That’s a good plan. We’ll head out at first light and see if we can find any new leads.

ELLA: (looking at her watch) It’s getting really late. We should try to get some rest before we start again in the morning.

CATHERINE: (looking worried) I just hope Mark and Ben are okay. It feels like something terrible is happening.

The friends settle down, trying to rest despite their anxiety. They’re determined to find their missing friends and uncover what’s happening on the farm.

BASEMENT - NIGHT

Meanwhile, in the basement of the old barn, the mysterious man and a woman arrive, their faces obscured by shadows. Mark and Ben are tied to chairs in the corner of the basement, struggling against their restraints.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (smiling darkly) You’re quite the catch. I must say, this has been easier than I expected.

WOMAN: (laughing) They haven’t even suspected us. It’s amusing how they’re stumbling around cluelessly.

MARK: (struggling) What do you want from us? Why are you doing this?

BEN: (yelling) Let us go! You can’t keep us here!

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (calmly) Patience. You’ll find out soon enough. For now, you’re just a small part of a bigger plan.

WOMAN: (smiling) It’s entertaining to watch them search in vain. They’ll be so relieved when they finally find you. Too bad it’ll be too late.

Mark and Ben exchange fearful glances, realizing they’re in serious danger. The mysterious man and woman continue to converse, their laughter echoing off the basement walls.

MARK: (desperate) You can’t keep us here forever. Someone will come looking for us!

WOMAN: (teasingly) Oh, I’m counting on it. The more confusion, the better. Just enjoy the wait.

As the night wears on, the basement remains shrouded in darkness, with the sounds of Mark and Ben’s muffled cries and the ominous laughter of their captors.