FARMHOUSE - XX

BASEMENT - MORNING

The mysterious man stands in the center of the basement, his gaze sweeping over the terrified captives. The woman stands off to the side, her expression unreadable. The captives are visibly shaken, their fear and anger palpable.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (coolly) Do any of you want to know why we're doing this? Why you’re being tortured?

The captives, though scared, manage to shout out in a mix of anger and desperation.

MARK: (screaming) Just tell us! Why are you doing this to us?

BEN: (fighting back tears) What do you want from us?

ELLA: (sobbing) Please, just let us go. We don’t understand!

TANYA: (shouting) Tell us the reason! We have to know!

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (smiling darkly) Very well. I’ll tell you.

The mysterious man walks slowly back and forth, his eyes gleaming with a sinister satisfaction.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (calmly) The truth is, this isn’t just about you. It’s about something much bigger. It’s about revenge and power. Each of you is a pawn in a much larger game.

CATHERINE: (angrily) Revenge for what? We’ve done nothing to you!

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (grinning) It’s not about what you’ve done. It’s about what you represent. Each one of you is connected to a past that’s full of pain and betrayal. I’m here to make sure that those who wronged me pay, even if it means using you to get my message across.

The captives are horrified, their confusion deepening as they try to piece together the man’s cryptic explanation.

MARK: (pleading) What past are you talking about? Who wronged you?

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (leaning closer) You don’t need to know all the details. What matters is that you’re part of the plan now. And there’s no escape from what’s coming.

The room fills with more screams and cries as the captives react to the revelation. The mysterious man’s cruel smile widens as he watches their panic.

WOMAN: (coldly) That’s enough for now. They don’t need to know more. They’ll find out soon enough.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (nodding) Indeed. For now, let them stew in their fear.