FARMHOUSE - XVI

FARMHOUSE - EVENING

Kaye approaches the basement door, her heart pounding. Just as she’s about to open it, a woman suddenly emerges from the basement, startling her.

KAYE: (surprised) Oh! What are you doing down there?

WOMAN: (calmly) It's late, Kaye. You should go back to your room and rest. Don’t worry about your friends; they’re fine.

Kaye looks at the woman, unsure but too tired to argue. She nods reluctantly.

KAYE: (uncertain) Alright... if you say so.

Kaye turns and heads back to her room, glancing over her shoulder once more before disappearing down the hall. The woman watches her go, then slips back into the basement.

BASEMENT - EVENING

The woman descends the stairs and finds the two men waiting.

WOMAN: (sighing) Kaye almost caught me, but I managed to send her back to her room.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (smirking) Good. She’s not part of the plan.

MAN: (grinning) My brother has something special planned for her. We need to make sure she doesn’t get suspicious.

WOMAN: (nodding) Don’t worry. She won’t suspect a thing.

They turn their attention back to their captives. Mark, Ben, Catherine, Ella, Tanya, Lucas, James, and Matt are all bound and looking worse for wear.

MARK: (groaning) Why are you doing this? What do you want from us?

WOMAN: (smirking) You’ll find out soon enough. Just be patient.

BEN: (angrily) This is insane. You can’t keep us here forever.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (coldly) We don’t need to. We just need you to cooperate.

The captives exchange worried glances, their hope dwindling as their captors tighten their control.

FARMHOUSE -

Kaye lies in bed, unable to shake the uneasy feeling. She stares at the ceiling, her mind racing with thoughts of her missing friends. She decides to quietly get up and check again, despite the woman’s warning.

Kaye sneaks back to the basement door, trying to move silently. She listens intently, hearing faint voices from below. Her suspicion grows, but she knows she must tread carefully.