FARMHOUSE - III

The group finishes their meal, their laughter and conversation gradually winding down. The friends bid each other goodnight and head to their respective rooms.

RIGUEL: (yawning) Get some rest, everyone. Tomorrow's another day of exploring.

JAMES: (teasingly) If we survive tonight's ghost stories, that is!

LUCAS: (grinning) See you all in the morning. Let's try to avoid any more creepy barns.

The friends head to their rooms. As the farmhouse quiets down, the lights dim, and the night deepens.

FARMHOUSE - HALLWAY - LATE NIGHT

One of Riguel's male friends, MARK, is still restless. He quietly slips out of his room, deciding to take a walk around the farm to clear his mind.

MARK: (muttering to himself) Maybe a stroll will help me wind down.

Mark exits the farmhouse and begins walking through the dark, quiet farm. The only sounds are the distant rustling of leaves and the occasional hoot of an owl.

FARM - DARK PATHWAY - LATE NIGHT

As Mark walks further into the darkness, he notices a shadowy figure approaching him. The figure is a man in a dark coat, his face obscured.

MARK: (surprised) Hey, who's there?

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (in a calm, eerie voice) Just someone who's been waiting for you. Come with me.

Mark, confused but intrigued, follows the man down a hidden path leading away from the main areas of the farm.

MARK: (uneasy) Where are we going? I didn't expect to meet anyone out here.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (coolly) Just a little place where we can talk. Don't worry, it's safe.

They reach a secluded area where an old, camouflaged door is partially hidden by overgrown vines. The mysterious man opens the door and gestures for Mark to enter.

MARK: (skeptical) I don't think this is a good idea. Maybe I should head back.

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (insistent) It's just a basement. It'll be quick. Come on.

Reluctantly, Mark steps inside. The door shuts behind him with a heavy thud. The basement is dark, lit only by a single flickering bulb.

BASEMENT - NIGHT

Mark realizes that the basement is old and musty, with piles of discarded items and dusty furniture. The mysterious man quickly moves to a corner, retrieving some rope.

MARK: (alarmed) Hey, what's going on? Why are you doing this?

MYSTERIOUS MAN: (speaking calmly) I'm afraid I can't explain right now. Just sit down and everything will be fine.

Before Mark can react, the mysterious man ties him to a wooden chair in the center of the basement. Mark struggles, but the ropes are too tight.

MARK: (struggling) Let me go! What do you want from me?

The man remains silent, turning away to leave the basement. The door creaks shut, and Mark is left alone in the dim light.

MARK: (yelling) Someone help! Is anyone there?

The basement remains eerily silent, with only the occasional drip of water from the ceiling and the sound of Mark's muffled cries.

FARMHOUSE - LATE NIGHT

Back at the farmhouse, the rest of the friends are settling in for the night, unaware of the events unfolding. The lights in the farmhouse flicker, casting long shadows.

ELLA: (to Catherine) Have you seen Mark? He's been gone for a while.

CATHERINE: (frowning) No, I haven't. He might just be taking a late-night walk.

JAMES: (yawning) He's probably fine. It's just a quiet night on the farm.

The friends settle into their beds, unaware that Mark is in danger, tied up in the dark basement, with the hours passing by slowly.