FARMHOUSE - XXI

BASEMENT - MORNING

The atmosphere in the basement is tense. The mysterious man is explaining his motives while the woman and the man stand beside him. Suddenly, Kaye appears at the top of the basement stairs, her eyes wide with shock as she takes in the horrifying scene below.

KAYE: (shouting) Riguel! Natalie! Alejandro! It’s you all along!

The captives, seeing Kaye, begin shouting frantically.

CATHERINE: (yelling) Kaye, run! Get help!

MARK: (screaming) Go! Get out of here!

But before Kaye can react, Natalie, with a determined stride, rushes up the stairs. She grabs Kaye and drags her back down into the basement.

KAYE: (struggling) No! Let me go! Please! Help me, Riguel!

NATALIE: (fiercely) You shouldn’t have seen this, Kaye. You’re part of this now.

Riguel, seeing the commotion, steps forward, his face conflicted.

RIGUEL: (calming Natalie) Natalie, take it easy. She wasn’t supposed to be involved in this.

NATALIE: (angrily) She’s a threat to our plans. She needs to be dealt with!

Riguel’s expression hardens as he steps between Natalie and Kaye.

RIGUEL: (firmly) Natalie, stop! She’s not part of the plan. I care about her.

Natalie, ignoring Riguel, grabs Kaye and starts scolding her, her anger evident.

NATALIE: (angrily) You should have stayed out of this! You’re only making things worse!

Riguel, seeing Natalie’s harsh treatment, becomes visibly upset. His frustration boils over, and he steps forward to confront Natalie.

RIGUEL: (firmly) Enough! You’re going too far. I won’t let you hurt her.

As tensions rise, one of the captives, in a desperate attempt to fight back, lunges at Alejandro. The captive grabs Alejandro by the throat, choking him.

ALEJANDRO: (struggling) G-get off me! I can’t breathe!

NATALIE: (shouting) Stop him! Help Alejandro!

The basement erupts into chaos. Riguel tries to regain control, but the situation is rapidly spiraling out of control. The captives, fueled by fear and desperation, try to free themselves and fight back.

CATHERINE: (shouting) We have to get out of here! We have to save our friends!