6- Facing the pain

When we entered a house i used to call home i didn't feel a thing. Not a single excitement from being home.

"You used to love this place" Riki noticed right away.

I threw myself on the couch letting out a sigh. I pulled out my phone from my pocket. I tried texting Yumin hoping she would reply.

For a hour i sat there and checked the chat between us every minute. It was so weird without her so suddenly.

Riki was minding his own thing. He was locked in office and i heard him making calls every second. I decided to go check it out.

I was stepping on the floor as quietly as i could till i reached his office door. He was calling at the moment so i placed my ear right on the door hoping i would hear something.

And i wish i would have stayed curious.

"Do you plan on lying?" A male voice said through the phone. I couldn't recognize whose voice it was.

"You know i don't have a choice Sunghoon" Riki replied.

"Sunghoon? I heard that name somewhere but can't remember where." I mumbled confused as i have never been.

"I can't just say she died. It would break Nara's heart."

"Died?" I questioned myself. I didn't know what to expect anymore. I wanted to go away so i wouldn't hear anything anymore but i heard one name. Yumin.

"I think Yumin would wish Nara knowing that she is gone" The man named Sunghoon said and i broke onto my knees.

I placed my right hand over my mouth trying not to make a sound while i cried my eyes out.

I thought we had an argument like Riki said but finding out Yumin died and i didn't remember it was the worst thing i could hear.

Not remembering my bestfriend's death. It was the saddest but the weirdest feeling overwhelming my whole body.

After a minute of crying on my knees not knowing how to stand up i heard Riki end the call. I was thinking about running so he wouldn't see me listening behind the door but i couldn't.

I didn't had the strenght to do so.

With my blurry vision i saw the door open and then Riki's face. He kneeled down as soon as he spotted me.

"Nara are you okay, do you feel pain from the wound?" He asked not knowing if i heard the call or if i was just hurt.

"Yumin died?" I asked him with shaky.

"I didn't wanted you to go through this pain all over again Nara, she did." Riki's voice was quite comforting to hear but i was more mad.

"You should have told me!" I yelled at him while wiping my tears away.

"I couldn't" he said while facing the ground instead of my face.