Chapter 6

Ramiel couldn't sleep all through the night, the thoughts of Camila crowded his head and filled his thoughts. He was so disappointed in himself, he shouldn't have confessed his feelings for her so early, probably that had scared her. He slapped his hand against his forehead, he should have just given it time, he should have allowed her get comfortable with him and get to know him before he told her how he felt.

How stupid!

He had thought that telling her how he felt would ease things abit, make her trust him but instead he blew his chances. He wondered how she would see him now.

A pervert perhaps.

His phone rang by the bedside on the table, turning over on the bed, he reached for his phone, it was Hans. He frowned deeply before answering the phone.

Hans was always calling at a wrong time. It was always a bad timing.

"Have you seen the news?" Hans asked panting over the phone as he spoke

"What news?" Ramiel asked clueless.

"You mean you haven't seen the news?" Hans asked again.

"Could you tell me what the news is about already?" Ramiel asked frowning impatient.

"CEO Collins was murdered last night in his mansion" Hans broke the news.

Ramiel was shocked "CEO Collins of Collins construction company?" He asked to be sure he heard Hans correctly.

"Which other CEO Collins do you know? His body was found in cold blood this morning by his wife who was out of town but retuned this morning. It was a fresh kill as the body has not turned stiff" Hans said.

Ramiel was shocked.

"The investigators confirmed that it was a gun kill. He was shot at a vital spot" Hans said.

"Have you checked the camera footages?" Ramiel asked.

"Wiped. There is no record of the events of last night. Seems the cameras and CCTV was hacked" Hans informed.

Ramiel breathed out deeply both from confusion and shock "where are you right now?" He asked.

"On my way to the Collins mansion" he said.

"I will meet you there" Ramiel said and ended the call.

He got down from his bed immediately and rushed to the bathroom to take his bath. He took his bath hurriedly, dressed up and grabbed his car key and phone.

He drove down to the Collins mansion, in less than an hour, he was there. He got down from his car and sighted Hans inside the compound of the mansion. He was conversing with some inspectors.

There was a no trespassing sign at the gate and some officers guarding the entrance. He showed them his ID card and was allowed passage. He walked up to Hans who looked confused and clueless.

"Hans" he called as he stood in front of him and placed his hands on his waist.

Hans shifted his attention from the inspectors to face him "Ramiel you are here" he said.

Ramiel greeted the other inspectors after some catching up, the other inspectors excused themselves.

"This is disheartening" Hans spoke.

"I can't seem to understand why all these are happening. So much killings in a short period of time" Ramiel spoke frustrated.

"With no clues. No footages, no fingerprints, no suspicious individuals, nothing" Hans spoke.

"Four CEOs killed in a year" Ramiel spoke.

"Who could be responsible for these deaths? What could be the crime of these men?" Hans asked.

"Could it be the assassin?" Ramiel asked.

"Does these killings looks like the handiwork of a woman? You said the assassin was a woman, this is a really smart job, a woman can't handle these" Hans said.

"What are you suggesting?" Ramiel asked.

"Deleting footages, leaving no traces of suspicions, breaking into a heavily guarded mansion, avoiding traps and guards, this is no woman's job. It's probably someone else, an accomplice perhaps" Hans suggested.

Ramiel shook his head, he didn't know what to say, whether a woman or a man, he wondered what was the crimes of these noble men "What could be the crimes of these men?" He asked.

Hans shook his head "I don't have any idea but everyone has a bad story to tell. They must have committed a crime deserving of their deaths" he said

"Do we just sit and watch all the noble men of these country die? We need to investigate their crimes from their past" Ramiel said.

"I can't stop wondering" Hans said.

Ramiel looked at him "wondering what?" He asked.

"Who is next" Hans said.

Ramiel looked up, he wondered who was next too. He also wondered why they were being killed.

"Sir" one of the investigators under Ramiel called as he walked up to him with a letter wrapped in a nylon "I found this in the CEO's wardrobe" he said and handed it to Ramiel.

Ramiel wore gloves before collecting the envelope.

"What could be contained in that letter?" Hans asked as he watch Ramiel unseal the letter.

The letter read thus in bold letters:

Back off.

"Back off? What could that mean?" Hans asked as he stared at the letter in Ramiel's hand.

"It is a warning obviously" Ramiel replied.

"And who could have written this warning and to whom?" Hans asked.

"You ask me questions like I am the accomplice...." Ramiel replied Hans ".....scan this letter for any finger prints" he said to the investigator who nodded and collected the letter from his hand.

Ramiel sighed when the investigator left.

"I have a bad feeling about this. I can't help but feel creeps" Hans said.

Ramiel hissed at his coward friend.

"Don't you feel chills too? It is a warning from the killer. I can't help but feel that if we don't back off like we are warned, we would actually be next" Hans said.

"I can't give up on this case. I will bring the culprit to justice. I am not scared of some killer who hides his or her identity and goes about killing people at night" Ramiel said boldly.

"Oh I think you should be" Hans said