Chapter 7

Camilla laid on the bed as the events of last night with Ramiel unfolded in her head. She couldn't help but feel she was a bit rude to Ramiel yesterday, she could have kindly refused his feelings for her but instead she just had to wave him off like he didn't have feelings. His feelings was not she didn't want, she thought it would just be a friendly dinner, Nyx had warned her it would get to this, she would have listened to her instead she wanted something different. She just wanted to have a taste of a different life, she wanted to know what it would feel like going on dates. When would she get used to the life she was introduced to. The life of a serial killer, the life of a woman who wanted to avenge the ruthless killing of her father by his most trusted friends. She can't give up until she had accomplished her goal.

Camilla you can't have a normal life.

She sighed, she just wished things had happened to her differently but she needed justice for her father who was murdered by those 9 cohorts. If she gave up on her vengeance and giving justice to her father, she had failed as a child. She grew with this mentality but Ramiel..........

Ramiel was a nice guy, he really liked her, he came into her life and was trying to show her a new life, a new world unlike the world she had grown into. She had found someone but she was not ready for a relationship, it would be her distraction.

She sighed.

Ramiel would be her distraction.

What would happen when he finds out about her past, what would happen when he finds out who she is, what she is, crimes she has committed, lives she had taken, people she had killed.

He would definitely judge her, despise her and worse, turn her in, betray her. She can't stand all that.

Giving Ramiel a chance would be the worse decision she would ever make in her life, it would be her destruction, Ramiel would be her doom.

Camilla turned over on the bed, this is her life and she needs to accept it. She would be without love for the rest of her life, she can't trust anyone hence being betrayed like her father.

Last night while she was on a mission to kill the fourth of the nine cohorts, she noticed she was distracted, Ramiel was occupied in her head, she had shook her head countless times to get rid of him and imagined what her father went through, she had buried her emotions deep in her heart and pulled the trigger at the morherfucker.

She couldn't believe she almost lost on the mission, she was almost caught by the guards. Nyx was right, Ramiel would distract her, she can't afford to lose her mission. She needed to get rid of him.

There was a light knock on the door. She guessed it was Nyx so she just asked whoever it was to enter and she was right, it was Nyx.

Nyx walked to Camilla who was under the duve on the bed and sat on the bed.

"I saw the news, thought you won't be able to end the existence of that bloodsucker, it actually took you time" Nyx said.

"I just had to, I took time to study his movements correctly and make sure his wife was not at home. I am seeking revenge for my Dad" Camilla replied in calm tone.

"What is up with you? You look different, don't tell me you are feeling sorry for that blood sucker?" Nyx asked.

"Am not" Camilla replied.

"Then what? You don't look yourself. You know you can talk to me" Nyx persisted.

"I am just under the weather" Camilla said.

Nyx raised an eyebrow at her suspiciously "is this about that guy?" She asked slowly to study Camilla's facial expressions.

Camilla frowned "it's not about Ramiel" she reply.

"Ramiel? Oh whoa, you even know his name, seems you guys are close" Nyx said.

"Nyx please" Camilla said avoiding the topic.

"I told you not to go for that dinner but you went anyways" Nyx said upset.

Camilla was silent.

"Camilla, I am only looking out for you. When will you realize that? This is not the best way to go about this Camilla. This guy would be your distraction" Nyx said.

"Nyx please I am trying to get my thoughts in check" Camilla said.

"Camilla you are a serial killer, get over this guy" Nyx said raising her voice.

Camilla sat up upset "don't you know I am trying? I am trying to get over him okay" she raised her voice too.

"You are falling for him" Nyx stated.

Camilla was silent, was she falling for him? Already?

Camilla shook her head disappointed in herself, why was she feeling this way? It is not possible she is falling for him already right? That was fast?

"Camilla I want you to get over this guy and focus on your revenge. I don't want to involve the boss" Nyx said and stood up.

Camilla stared at her shocked "was that a threat?" She asked.

"I will resolve to that if it means keeping you safe" Nyx said "you know what killed your father. Don't forget that" Nyx said and walked out from her room.

Camilla was surprised, did Nyx just threaten her? She was short of words. What was going on with her lately? She regretted going to the bar the day she met Ramiel. This is getting out of hand.