Chapter 9

At M.G's crime house,  Ramiel worked with excitement and happiness, he carried out his duties excitedly, his colleagues noticed his excitement but no one would dare ask him any question, he was the best inspector after all, no one had the courage to walk up to him.

During his free time, he texted Camilla.

RAMIEL: HELLO CAMILLA.

Camilla replied immediately with a smile. She reprimanded herself, how can she be smiling so sheepishly over a text from her destruction.

CAMILLA: HI RAMIEL.

Ramiel smiled at the phone in his hand, Hans couldn't take his eyes off him. They were having lunch break at a cafe.

RAMIEL: I WAS WONDERING IF YOU WOULD BE FREE FOR DINNER LATER?

CAMILLA: YOU WON'T GIVE UP?

RAMIEL: YOU PROMISED TO GIVE ME ONE MONTH TO MAKE YOU FALL FOR ME, HOW CAN I ACHIEVE THIS IF YOU ARE ALWAYS BUSY AND WON'T GIVE ME A CHANCE TO SHOW MY CHARMS

CAMILLA: (LAUGHING EMOJI) FINE PROVE YOUR CHARMS

RAMIEL: DINNER?

CAMILLA: OKAY

RAMIEL: PICK YOU UP AT 6PM

CAMILLA: OKAY (SMILING EMOJI)

Hans coughed awkwardly, clearing his throat so loudly as he watched his friend smiling like he had just received candy from his mother.

He knew Ramiel was chatting with a woman, it was definitely Camilla.

What was so special about this woman?

His friend had fallen deeply in love with this woman.

He was happy though, his friend, Ramiel had been single for so long, it was time he settled down with someone, it was time he had a woman in his life.

Though he felt something was off with the woman, Camilla, he felt there was something off about her even if he had never met her.

Ramiel looked up from his phone to stare at his friend who had a serious expression on. He looked lost in thoughts.

"Hans" he called jolting his friend out from his world of thoughts. Hans stared at him "Why that look?" Ramiel asked with his phone in his hand. The smile he had on had disappeared as he looked interested at what his friend had to say.

"I'm fine" Hans replied.

"What is troubling your mind Hans, you barely space out" Ramiel asked seriously.

"I am just staring at you. You have been smiling at your phone for minutes now. I am just glad you are happy" Hans said.

"She makes me happy" Ramiel said.

"You guys are officially an item huh?" Hans asked.

"Not yet actually. We just had a deal" Ramiel told him.

"A deal? What deal?" Hans asked.

"I asked her to give me a month to make her fall in love with me" Ramiel said.

"A month? Are you crazy? How do you intend to make a woman fall in love with you in just a month?" Hans asked.

"I have my way" Ramiel replied.

"This woman barely likes you. A month is too short, it's more like a few days" Hans said.

"I can do it. I am sure about that" Ramiel said.

"You have so much confidence in your musculine charms" Hans stated.

"Exactly" Ramiel said boldly.

"And what if she doesn't fall for you? What happens then?" Hans said.

"I told her I was going to quit bothering her" Ramiel said.

"And are you going to quit bothering her?" Hans asked.

"Not really" Ramiel asked.

Hans eyed his friend "what is so special about this Camilla girl? You are so I love with her" he asked.

"Yes I really do like her Hans. I don't know what is so special about her but I can't seem to stop thinking about her" Ramiel said.

"Whatever you do just be careful. I don't really like this for you, you are a really nice and quiet guy, though I am not certain with this woman, something about her seems off but you are happy so go for that" Hans adviced.

"Thanks man" Ramiel said smiling.

"So how do you intend to make her fall for you in a month?" Hans asked.

"Honestly I don't know. I will just figure something out. I really want to win her over" Ramiel said.

"I am sure you will win her over...." Hans said before clearing his throat to change the topic "we got a lead on the mysterious killings of the CEOs" he said.

"Really?" Ramiel asked surprised.

Hans handed some steepled paperwork to Ramiel who told it and started going through it. Opening it one page after the other. He stopped at a page. There was a capture of a woman climbing the fence, her face couldn't be seen, it was her back that was captured, it was a blur image though.

"Just like boss said, the assassin is a woman. Luckily a hidden CCTV camera was able to capture her while she was about climbing the fence" Hans explained.

"Whoa" Ramiel exclaimed. He was surprised and really short of words.

A woman assassin.

She was definitely a citizen of the country, who could she be?

She was a really smart one.

Ramiel turned to the next page to see an eagle tattoo at the back of the deceased CEO "what is this?" He asked.

"That tattoo was found at the back of the deceased CEO Collins, I realized I had seen the tattoo somewhere so I started investigating. After many investigations, I found out that the tattoo was at the backs of the other deceased CEOs" Hans explained.

"I don't understand" Ramiel said looking up to his friend for a clearer explanation.

"After my research on the tattoo, I found out that it was a symbol of a clan. A secret court consisting of 10 powerful men" Hans explained.

"You mean the deceased CEOs belong to a secret court?" Ramiel asked.

"Exactly" Hans replied.

"I knew it. I just knew there was more to this mysterious killings than what meets the eyes" Ramiel said.

"Yes, exactly. They call themselves the fly high mafians" Hans said. Ramiel stared wide eyed at him.