Chapter 20

Ramiel got back to the hospital with food packages and fruits in both hands, he admitted to spending more time than planned at home, he just wanted to make as much food as possible for Camilla and Nyx, he remembered that Camilla was not the only admitted patient in the hospital, Nyx, Camilla's friend was also admitted, he was beside Camilla's bed all the time, he felt guilty for not checking on her friend, Nyx. He decided to check on Nyx before heading for Camilla's ward. Getting to the ward, he met the door opened.

Strange.

He thought as he walked into the ward. Gazing through the room, he found the bed empty and the ward deserted. There was no one occupied in the room, he was surprised.

Was she moved to another ward? Where could she be? Was she in the bathroom?

He walked to the bathroom, opened the door, looked around but still no one. He became agitated. He walked out from the bathroom and rushed to Camilla's ward, still no one, the ward was empty, Camilla's ward was empty. He was surprised and displeased.

Where could they be? Could it be that Camilla had left without informing him?

She was conscious when he left to get them food and she seemed like she was hiding something from him, though he was curious to know what she was hiding but he wouldn't force her to speak. A nurse entered the ward with a drip stand, he immediately rushed to her panting and agitated, he was anxious, he didn't want to believe that Camilla had actually escaped the hospital.

"Please where is the patient?" He bombarded the nurse with questions. He was panting, she stared at him surprised wondering why his question.

She eyed him before looking around the ward, she was taken aback then she remembered that the patient had asked to see her friend, she calmed down immediately "She was here a while ago. She should be in her friend's ward" the nurse replied, she replied confidently because she was sure.

"Both the patient and her friend is nowhere to be found. Where is the patient?" Ramiel asked again impatiently, he was getting scared. He feared that something had happened, probably the person who attacked both Camilla and Nyx at home had traced them to the hospital.

The nurse looked at him "they might be around, there is no way she is not around the hospital premises" she said.

"How can I find her?" Ramiel asked.

"The control room" the nurse replied "let's go" she led the way to the CCTV room, they met a sleeping man in the room, the nurse woke him up impatiently.

"We need the CCTV footage from 2pm to 5pm, VIP ward 6 and 7" she told him when the man was fully awake.

"Right away" he said still drowsy. He didn't know when he slept off, he went to the computer and operated on it for sometime, his eyes shone at the computer surprised, he looked short of words, he was not expecting to see what he was seeing now, the CCTV footages were wiped.

"What's wrong?" Ramiel asked, he noticed the man's change of expression.

"The recordings.....they....were wiped" he said surprised, he was still finding it hard to believe that the footages were not in display, someone must have entered the control room, he knew that the fact that he slept off was unintentional, he was drugged.

"What do you mean 'wiped'?" The nurse asked upset. She was not expecting his reply.

Ramiel was so upset, he was about to punch the guy in his eyes but the nurse held him, pleading.

"You mean someone came into this room and wiped the footages without your knowledge?" Ramiel asked upset. He was so angry, he felt like hitting the man.

The man shook from fear, he looked surprised too.

"Sir you have to calm down. This is not the time to get upset" the nurse tried to calm him.

Ramiel was too upset to listen to her, he felt heart broken, he didn't want to think that Camilla actually left without informing him, she had just decided to disappear from his life just like that, like she never loved him.

Ramiel broke down, he was so disappointed and shattered, Camilla had actually just turned her back on him just like that. The nurse led him to Camilla's ward, entering the ward he looked around and noticed an envelope under her pillow, he rushed to the pillow and took out the envelope. He tore it open, hopefully there could be any idea on how to find her.

The letter read thus:

HELLO RAMIEL, IT'S CAMILLA.

BY THE TIME YOU WOULD BE READING THIS, I WOULD HAVE BEEN LONG GONE. PLEASE DON'T LOOK FOR ME, I AM FINE. I JUST HAD TO LEAVE, MY PAST AND THE LIFE I CHOSE ARE HAUNTING ME, IT IS BEST I LEAVE, START MY LIFE ALL OVER AGAIN. IT WAS HARD TURNING MY BACK ON YOU, IT WAS HARD TO SAY GOODBYE PHYSICALLY SO I RESULTED TO LEAVING WITHOUT TELLING YOU OR ANYONE, I ADMIT I AM A COWARD BUT KNOW THAT I REALLY LOVE YOU. SOMETHINGS ARE BEST NOT EXPOSED, BEING WITH YOU IS A BIG RISK, THOUGH IT WAS SOMETHING I THOUGHT I COULD HANDLE BUT NOW I KNOW BETTER. YOU NEED TO BE FINE AND STRONG FOR ME, I REALLY WISHED YOU WOULD BE HAPPY AND MOVE ON, FORGET EVERYTHING ME AND START ALL OVER, I WOULD MISS YOU BUT THIS IS FOR US.

                           LOVE CAMILLA.

Ramiel broke down suddenly, he felt so sad, his heart pricked with pain, he felt so heartbroken and devastated, he didn't want to believe that Camilla would leave him like this. He really loved her, he would really miss her, if only he could see her one last time, he would be grateful. She had kept him going, she didn't have to leave, he believed that every problem has a solution. Camilla was the first girl he had ever truly loved, he had dated couple of times but being with Camilla seems so right than the other girls He had been with, he couldn't believe Camilla walked away from the relationship and the only way she could say goodbye to him was through a letter. He sobbed for hours, he didn't leave Camilla's ward back home, he slept on the bed hoping this was all a dream, a nightmare that will end soon when he wakes.