Chapter 21

It has been one week since Camilla's and Nyx's disappearance, it was the worst one week of Ramiel's life. Everyday, he would crawl into his shadows and weep like a baby, Camilla really shattered him, she left him heartbroken, he looked sober, Hans was beginning to fear for his friend, he feared Ramiel would take his own life, he tried his best to get him out of his shadows but Ramiel wouldn't budge, he was happy on his won, soon he turned to a sadist. Hans had never seen Ramiel in this condition, he wondered why Camilla left, it was obvious she was hiding something that she didn't want Ramiel to find out.

"Men you stink, you look awful" Hans said when he walked into Ramiel's untidy apartment "this place is a mess" he added.

Ramiel was silent on the sofa, he was wrapped in a blanket concentrating on the television in front of him, he was barely watching the movie.

"What's up with you man? You been like this for the past week, isn't it time you got over this girl?" Hans asked frustrated, he would literally slap his friend on the cheek if he had a chance.

"I'm fine" Ramiel answered simply.

"No you are not. You are turning to a sadist, look at you, look at your environment" Hans complained.

"I would love to be alone" Ramiel spoke.

"For how long?" Hans moved to Ramiel "for how long do you intend to be like this? Mourning over a woman who clearly don't care how you feel" he raised his voice, he was so frustrated.

Ramiel was silent.

"If I were you, I would get over her" Hans said.

"You are not me" Ramiel said.

"So what do you plan on doing? Lying on the sofa, covered in a blanket while your apartment is a mess? Get over yourself young man. There is nothing you can do to bring her back and I believe she has a good reason for leaving" Hans said.

Ramiel looked at him.

"The Camilla you introduced to me is kind and I know she didn't plan to leave you devastated or sober, she might have been forced probably to even save you her stress. You should get a hold of yourself, instead of lazing all day, you should get up and think of a way to find your woman" Hans spoke.

"She said in a letter that she was fine and I shouldn't look for her" Ramiel spoke.

"Then you should know that wherever she is, she is fine and she would definitely come back for you when the time is right. If you keep doing this to yourself then you might actually not be alive to meet her. So get a grip of yourself" Hans said.

"I should" Ramiel jumped up from the sofa with the hope that Camilla would definitely come back to him, she had a reason for leaving, he would understand.

"Let's go for a drink. I have really missed my buddy" Hans said.

"Just one drink" Ramiel said and Hans laughed.

"Okay buddy one drink" he reply.

Ramiel arranged his apartment with the help of Hans, he took his bath and dressed up. He drove down to Becky's restaurant with Hans, they settled down for a table and a waitress received their orders.

"I am so glad to see you back on your feet. I was getting frustrated at your attitude, I wanted to smirk you so hard" Hans joked.

Ramiel smiled "sorry about the bother. I was really heartbroken, I didn't expect Camilla to leave" he said.

"I understand. I don't know what I would do either if Kimberly leaves. Speaking about Kimberly, I have good news" Hans said smiling.

"Good news? What's up?" Ramiel asked.

"I am going to be a father" Hans said. Ramiel coughed loudly shocked, he looked mouth agape at his friend "I would have told you some days ago but you were too busy being a sober" he added.

"Are you serious? Kimberly is pregnant?" Ramiel asked.

"Yes she is. I was so excited when I got the news. It's time I wife her" Hans said.

The waitress served their orders on their table and left.

"I'm so happy for you man. Now we have what to toast to" Ramiel said lifting his glass of campaign, Hans did same.

"What are we toasting to?" Hans asked.

"To a new life" Ramiel said and their glasses clicked.

"To a new life" Hans said. Just then, Kimberly and Evelyn walked into the restaurant "just in time" he added.

"You didn't tell me they were coming" Ramiel said.

"I didn't know they were coming either" Hans replied.

"Hey guys" Kimberly greeted when she got to their table. She sat beside Hans and Evelyn sat beside Ramiel.

"What are you doing here?" Hans asked.

"Well I and Evelyn stopped by to get lunch, luckily we met you guys here" Kimberly explained.

"Hi Ramiel" Evelyn greeted smiling seductively at him "I heard what happened" she said.

"I'm fine" Ramiel said simply "congratulations Kimberly, heard the good news" Ramiel spoke.

"Thank you Ramiel. By the way, how have you been?" She asked.

Ramiel knew she was referring to how he was getting over Camilla "I'm fine" he reply smiling.

"Let's eat" Hans said and they started eating.

Hans dished food on Kimberly's plate, she ate so much, her appetite had tripled, Evelyn didn't eat much, all her attention was on Ramiel, she kept staring at him smiling, Ramiel didn't spare her a glance, he didn't even notice he caught her attention so much.

Evelyn noticed he looked stressed and drained, she couldn't help but pity him, her heart pricked because she knew he was like this because of that Camilla of a girl, she hated Camilla for putting Ramiel in this position, she disliked Camilla for taking her man, the one man she had eyes for but she was grateful to Camilla for leaving. Now was her chance to win him over, she had to do everything in her power to win Ramiel's heart, Camilla had given her a chance, she couldn't afford to miss her chance, she would definitely win him over, she was sure, she had all it took to have him, she bit her lip seductively.