Chapter 8

Camilla was asleep when she heard the loud honk of a car outside. She wondered who could be the intruder, the person was definitely honking at the front of her house and Nyx was not at home.

It was rude to interrupt someone's beauty sleep

Camilla stood up, dragging her tired body to the door, she was really sleepy. Opening the door, she saw the shock of her life, the one person she was not expecting.

Ramiel.

All of a sudden, she wasn't sleepy again, why was he here? What was he doing here?

Ramiel gave her his brightest smile as usual, he always always delighted to see her, he held a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Camilla frowned deeply, she was not expecting him, she had made a mistake, she shouldn't have brought him to her house.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in the most rude tone she could muster. Ramiel wouldn't budge, he still had his cheerful smile on.

"I came to see you" he said as his shone from staring at her "I brought you flowers" he added handing it to her, she refused to collect it.

"You should leave" Camilla said.

"I guess you are still upset from last night. I was too forward, allow me to make it up to you" Ramiel said.

"Ramiel I said you should leave and please don't come back again" Camilla said and was about to shut the door but Ramiel was quick to place his legs in between the door to avoid it shutting. Camilla released her grip on the door, she can't afford shutting the door with his legs there, he would sustain an injury.

"Camilla please" Ramiel pleaded.

"You don't want to give up?" She asked frowning opening the door wide open upset.

"I just want an audience" Ramiel begged.

"I am not interested in what you have to say Ramiel, stop pestering me" Camilla said frustrated.

"Please, you have to hear what I have to say" Ramiel pleaded.

"Fine. What do you have to say?" Camilla stood akimbo looking at him seriously.

"I know last night didn't end well. But my intentions for you are real, I really care about you, I am so interested in you, I can't stop thinking about you" Ramiel told her.

"I am not interested in your feelings for me Ramiel, that is why I am dismissing you because I am not interested" Camilla said.

"Why don't you get to know me first? At least give me a chance to prove that I am worthy of your feelings, your trust" Ramiel said.

"But I don't like you, I don't want to be with you" Camilla said.

"I can make you fall for me, if only you would give me a chance, give me the opportunity to win your heart" Ramiel said.

"And if I don't fall for you, what happens then?" Camilla asked

"Just give me one month, one month and I will do everything possible to make you fall for me. And if you don't, I won't disturb you anymore" Ramiel said.

One month

Camilla scoffed

Ofcourse one month is impossible to make her fall for any man, but she couldn't help but accept the challenge. This man was extremely bold, he was so sure, she wanted to see what he can do. Will he be able to make her fall for him in one month?

"Fine, one month is all I give you" Camilla accepted.

"Flowers" he handed the bouquet to her and she accepted.

"Thank you" she said.

Camilla thought of inviting him in for a drink but Nyx would flare up if she sees him, she had to dismiss him as soon as possible.

"Can I meet you tomorrow?" Ramiel asked.

"I will meet you instead. You can't come here again" Camilla said. She had to warn him, she can't afford Nyx meeting him here. It would be war.

"Can I get your digits?" Ramiel asked.

"Sure" she said.

Ramiel handed  his phone to her and she typed her phone number in it. Ramiel smiled cheerfully.

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow" he said smiling.

Camilla rolled her eyes at him before waving him off and withdrawing into the house.

Ramiel drove off happily.

Camilla went back to her room and placed the flowers on her bedside table, she touched the flowers and sniffed on it before smiling.

They were beautiful.

She sat on the bed reflecting on their discussion.

She was in a challenge with Ramiel. She can't afford falling for him. She can't afford to lose the bet. She needed to get rid of him. She can bear his tantrums for a month after that it's bye bye Ramiel.

She smiled at herself.

Ramiel got home smiling to himself, he was so excited that finally Camilla would give him a chance. He can't afford to mess his only chance up, he would prove to her that he was worthy of her trust and love.

He was so excited.

After a while, he picked up his phone to text her.

RAMIEL: I AM HOME NOW

He texted her briefly. He stared at his phone for a while waiting for her reply. She was taking long to reply, he was already giving up on her reply when he received a notification.

CAMILLA: AM GLAD.

He smiled widely at himself. His heart was about to explode from all the emotions he was feeling right now.

RAMIEL: I AM SO HAPPY YOU GAVE ME A CHANCE TO PROVE MY LOVE FOR YOU.

CAMILLA: I HAD NO CHOICE YOU WON'T STOP PESTERING ME.

Ramiel smiled at himself.

RAMIEL: I AM LITERALLY THE HAPPIEST MAN ON EARTH NOW. I PROMISE TO PROVE MYSELF TO YOU CAMILLA

Camilla smiled at her phone. This man was really something else, he wouldn't give up.

She refused to reply and dropped her phone on the table.