Chapter 28

Driving back to their hotel, both Hans' and Ramiel's mind were clouded with thoughts. The more they got clues about this case, the more confused they got, it was all becoming so tangling with so much waves. It seemed like they were still far from getting to the root of these case, it all seemed so confusing and frustrating, how much more sleepless nights?

"I thought we would get a lead on this case instead it only got more difficult and confusing" Ramiel spoke as he handled the wheels. They were driving back to their hotel.

"I know right, like I actually thought by now we should be getting close to finding out the culprit" Hans spoke

"We are not getting close to finding the culprit instead we were given another task, to also find the daughter of the Yates family" Ramiel spoke frustrated

"Why was the Yates daughter taken and not killed along with the rest of the Yates family?" Hans asked

"You ask me like I was the one who kidnapped their daughter" Ramiel rolled his eyes

"Mr John Yates warned to keep his daughter safe from the bad man, Eliot Scott, I wondered why he mentioned keeping her safe from Eliot Scott, Why? Why didn't he warn her to keep their daughter safe from everyone in general, why was a particular man stated?" Hans asked.

"I feel we are going off track with this investigation. It is beginning to seem like we are meddling into a personal matter" Ramiel said "don't you feel so?" He asked Hans who shook his head vigorously.

"I don't think so. I believe we are on the right track, the woman Mrs Daniels mentioned the tattoo, I told you about the carriers of that tattoo, so Mr Yates was actually a member, my speculations are correct" Hans said.

"Do you wonder who Eliot Scott is?" Ramiel asked

"I do........but there was no information about him during my investigations, probably something's were left out" Hans said

"That woman is old and she barely remembers anything, she doesn't even remember the name of the child she was asked to protect. How can we trust all that came out of her mouth?" Ramiel asked

"Ramiel" Hans called surprised at his remark.

"I'm just asking, how are you sure that most of her story is true?" Ramiel asked

"Well, I don't have a reason to doubt her, she may be old and forgetful but she also looked hesitant to give out information and also, she said we could help her find the child, I don't think she would lie about the Yates story" Hans said

"You can't trust her still, we barely know her too" Ramiel said

"You always have to be negative, could you at least be positive even if it's once" Hans said

"How do you intend finding the child? She didn't give out a name" Ramiel asked

"How did I find John Yates and his location, I am sure I can find the girl, I would only take a while" Hans said

"You should also research about this woman, Mrs Daniels and that Eliot guy. Let's channel the investigation towards that segment, we could add the pieces together and get a lead" Ramiel said

"Sure I will boss" Hans replied sarcastically

Ramiel didn't mind "when do we leave for the city?" He asked

"Tomorrow morning. I have a wedding to plan" Hans said and Ramiel smiled

The whole investigation and suspense had made him forget that his friend would be a husband and a father soon, he couldn't be more proud of Hans, he was doing well for himself.

"We should toast to that" Ramiel said

"Seriously?" Hans was surprised, this was the first time Ramiel would initiate a toast, he knew Ramiel for the past four years now and he would always decline an alcohol outing but now he was initiating it, Hans felt excited.

"It would definitely be the last night you would be taking alcohol, you know Kimberly doesn't like that and you should also be a good father to your kid, you shouldn't be taking alcohol so let me do you the honours of making your last alcohol night memorable" Ramiel says

Hans smiled "to the bar" he yelled inside the car and Ramiel drove straight to the bar.

They got to the bar in the evening, there were not many people in the bar, Ramiel and Hans sat at the bar stand and ordered drinks. While they were chattering and toasting, the bar door opened revealing two young women dressed in nice sexy close. Hans attention shifted from his glass of drink and landed on the women, he watched them sit at the far edge of the bar with his mouth wide open, again he couldn't believe his eyes and this time, he was sure he was not dreaming or seeing things, he was so sure who he was looking at.

Ramiel noticed his friend and turned to see what caught his friends attention only to be shocked at the sight of Camilla sitting beautifully in a sexy dress at the bar end of the bar with her friend Nyx. The glass he held in his hand fell to the ground, Ramiel was more than shocked at this moment, he was dumbfounded and speechless. Camilla's attention turned to the clumsy man who broke his glass in a bar and was shocked as she stared wide eyes at the last person she expected to see in her life and at the outskirts of the town, it was Ramiel sitting at the bar stand with Hans, he had noticed her and was as shocked as she was, Camilla immediately stood up from her seat and urged Nyx to follow her without giving her a reason, Nyx followed her grumbling as Camilla pulled her out of the bar, Ramiel jumped up from his seat followed her immediately, running to catch up with her but unluckily for him, he missed her, she had disappeared into thin air just like she did previously.

Ramiel was heartbroken as he stared around to see if he could get a glimpse of her.