A cult named Naix

The woman led us through a path concealed within the dense kelp forest, the air growing heavy with the scent of hot water and damp earth.

It was a small village, its huts constructed from driftwood, shells.

I can smell the muddy water and a lot of humidity in the atmosphere.

"Welcome to Tranquil Cove," the woman said, her voice soft and welcoming. "Our home."

"It is a newly formed village, by refugees who took shelter and gathered here together" The woman replied

"It's like a group of people forming a town by settling here with normal huts "

Tranquil Cove, is a village situated between Driftwood Village and the coastal haven. The place is built with wooden materials and lots of handicrafts. Infrastructure is low even by medieval standards.

The cove is filled with Young people working on farms and older people making handicrafts, their faces filled with hope and satisfaction.

Children are playing among themselves near the ponds, laughing through the cove.

The cove is situated with its huts around the water area and is surrounded by dense forest. The cove is hard to track down and locate, making it invisible in the map.

I need to update my map, but I don't want to inform the mage association about this village. This village has weak protection.

And I remembered the reason we came inside the village is to talk. And I have left the prisoners with Seraphina and the maid, they are strong enough to hold and interrogate them.

"You said the Naix tried to take your daughter?" I asked the older woman, pointing out the obvious. "How did they even find this hidden place?"

If it is hidden as she says, people would normally find the cove easily. They might have some kind of spy here.

The woman hesitated for a while, and soon a warm expression filled her eyes as she gazed into my eyes, she did a bow and introduced herself as Elara.

And her daughter as Marina. She recounted how, a few months ago, a villager had stumbled upon a stranger lurking near the kelp forest. The stranger wore the dark robes of the Naix and has the telltale crescent moon symbol on their chest.

The villagers had questioned the stranger, who claimed to be a lost traveler seeking refuge. At first, the villagers didn't pay much attention to it, since they thought it was some kind of fashion and welcomed him.

Days later, the Naix returned, this time with dozens of armed men. They raided the village, pillaging their homes and terrorizing the villagers.

They have tried to kidnap their children and went for them.

"How do you know these are naix members and not bandits? " I asked her. Normally

"Well, most bandits we encountered would... take advantage with the women," Elara explained, her voice laced with disgust.

"But these men... they showed no interest in that. They killed anyone who resisted, and they seemed to specifically target the children. It was chilling to even think what they would do to them."

"Mama" Marina tried to console her mother with weak and tiny hands.

. "Brainwashing," I muttered.

Elara nodded grimly. "We believe so. They spoke of taking the children to their 'Mother,' to be 'cleansed and reborn.' It was... horrifying."

These people seemed to have their code, despite sounding creepy and maniacs. They seem to be controlled by 'the mother'

Of course my deductions are based on how Elara understands about naix. I never met them directly.