Preparing for nobel meet

Kimora's voice slowed down as she finished her story with a teary expression while recalling her past. "I've never gone back there again" she whispered, her fingers shaked as she traced patterns on Ethan's chest to find comfort for himself. "And I don't think I ever will. I couldn't bear to face them again."

Ethan held her tightly while holding her together while caressing her head. "I can understand your pain," he said softly, his voice filled with kindness. "It will be okay, you are my cute wife now."

Ethan knows that the spiders attacked Kimora out of fear, as they haven't seen a spider becoming human. The spiders probably resented Kimora out of fear and because she was different from others. It was lot like how some human beings are shunned for being different,

Kimora buried her face in his chest, seeking comfort with him. "You're the only one who's ever made me feel truly accepted, Ethan. The only one who's seen me for who I really am."

"I always will do," Ethan promised as he kissed to the top of her head.

Ethan heard footsteps approaching. Ethan's body tensed slightly, recognizing the sound.

 He turned his head to see his mother, Lucia, standing in the doorway. Lucia, staring at them with a fixed gaze on them. Her expression was scary and unreadable, but there was malice in the atmosphere that made Ethan's heart shiver.

"Mom," Ethan said a bit creeped by her sudden appearance.

Lucia's eyes fluctuated between her son and Kimora with her gaze on the way they were wrapped around each other. "I see you're both up early," she said, her tone was calm, but he could a dark atmsophere.

 Her silver hair was neatly pulled back, and she surveyed the room with sharp gaze. She was a woman of few words as she rarely expressed openly.

"Ethan," she said, her voice as cold and crisp . "May I speak with you for a moment?"

Ethan carefully untangled himself from Kimora and sat up, his expression turning serious. "Of course, Mother. What is it?"

Lucia's eyes turned towards Kimora for a moment before it returned to her son. "Alone," she added, her tone leaving no room for discussion.

Kimora opened her eyes and she glanced at Ethan with concern thinking she did something wrong, but Ethan gave her a reassuring nod. "It's okay, Kimora. I'll be right back."

With that, Ethan followed his mother out of the room and down the corridor. The two walked in silence for a moment with tension in the atmosphere. 

Lucia led him to a quiet room at the end of the hall, a place she often used for private conversations.

Once inside, Lucia closed the door behind them with a controlled movement. She turned to face Ethan while her expression is unreadable for Ethan. For a moment, neither of them spoke.

Finally, Lucia broke the silence. "Ethan, there is something important we need to discuss."

Ethan nodded, waiting for her to continue.

Lucia's eyes softened and it was replaced by her usual stoic demeanor. "You are aware that Hightide Haven is a crucial part of our family's influence," she began.

"The nobility of this region holds regular meetings. The next meeting is approaching."

"Ethan," she began, her voice steady but severe, "there's something you need to understand about the upcoming noble family meeting."

Ethan listened carefully, understanding what she exactly meant by that. Hightide Haven was a strategic coastal region, rich in resources and trade routes. So that they have most basic products like food, water etc.