Continuing journey

We have started the carriage, I carried all of them in the carriage while applying potion to them, Kimora removed the bugs from the body. Kimora looks decent like a lovely wife, but she can be cruel in her methods

Chloe and Charlie, still a bit groggy from the battle, gradually regained their senses.

Chloe blinked, she adjusted her eyes to the dim light filtering through the carriage windows.

Her gaze fell upon me, her eyes recognized me, and she responded with a deep frown. "Ethan?" she murmured, her voice filled with suspicion.

Chole has a weird habit, she behaves both like a friend and a bodyguard. She is polite, respectful, and protective tone with me and whenever she is on friend mode she gives good advice and casually gives her opinion of how view and she recommends me.

She can be bit cute when she talks

I smiled warmly at her, attempting to ease her apprehension. "Welcome back," I said, my voice gentle. "How are you feeling?"

She took a moment to self-assess , her eyes narrowing as she smelled near my life. "Better, my lord" she replied, adjusting her voice. "But why does it smell like her in here? "

A chill ran down my spine as I realized what she meant. She smelled scent of Kimora's perfume still clung to the air, how does she recognize it that fast.

"Ethan," she began, her voice and tone changed dangerously low, "what did she do to you?"

Before I could respond, her eyes flashed with a fierce protectiveness. "Did she hurt you? Did she try to trick you?"

Oh! Dear

Taking a deep breath, I met Chole gaze head-on. "She is my wife now, Chloe," I said, my voice steady. "And she's on our team."

My hung in the air, the silence broken only by the rhythmic sound of the moving vehicle. Chloe's eyes widened in disbelief, her mouth agape with emotions flickered across her face - shock, confusion, and a hint of hurt.

After a moment, she finally found her voice. "Your... wife?" she repeated, the word sounding foreign on her lips.

I nodded, this news would be difficult for her to accept. "Yes," I confirmed. "I know it's a lot to take in, but trust me, it's for the best."

Chloe's gaze softened. "If she's your wife, then she's under my protection too," she declared, her voice unwavering.

"As your devoted servant, my lord, I will do everything in my power to ensure your happiness and safety, even if it means putting aside my own feelings."

"Thank you, Chloe," I said, my voice thick with emotion. "I know I can always count on you."

Your own feelings! Chole I am touched. Your lord is happy. Thanks for being my understanding knight.

A sense of relief washed over me, but it was short-lived. "But mark my words, Ethan," she said, her voice firm and unwavering.

"I will protect you and your wives with my life. Should this... Kimora prove to be a threat, I will not hesitate to slay her."

I couldn't help but smile at her fierce loyalty, but she can bit overprotective sometimes. "Chloe," I began gently patting her head, "I appreciate your concern, but how can you protect us when you're still recovering from being poisoned?"

Her eyes narrowed, with a strong tone. "Don't underestimate me, my lord," she retorted. "I may be weakened, but my spirit remains strong. And I would gladly sacrifice myself for your sake."

Chole, please. I might die with diabetes.

I reached out, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I know you would, Chloe," I said softly. "But don't die, I will sad"

She looked at me, her eyes filled with a mixture of gratitude and determination. "Don't worry, my lord you will have thousands of knights like me to defend you," she replied with a fierce expression.

"It might sound stupid, but, you and lady Lucia are the leaders and rulers of the kingdom. Without both of you, our region's future will be bleak and there won't be any point in our town if were to..." She stopped midway

"Please, my lord, but you are irreplaceable my lord" she pleaded, her voice trembling slightly. "Allow me to fulfill my duty. Allow me to protect you, even if it means sacrificing myself. It is my honor, my privilege."

"..." I was silent, there was no answer I could give. I was happy to see I was irreplaceable to someone, but I don't want Chole to value herself lower. Rather I understand that Chole was right.

There will come a situation where I have to let Chole sacrifice herself to save me, so I have to avoid the situation.

But to do that, I have to sacrifice someone to avoid the death trap. I can't save every knight that protects me, all I do is to select who will be die and who will live.

I know their lives are on my decision. I know. And even Chole understands the situation. Why? Why does Chole know she is like a fodder and still accepts being a sacrificial knight? She wanted to take blow for me.

"Why." I asked

"Because you saved me, my lord," she began, her voice barely a whisper.

"You saw something in me, a worth that I couldn't see in myself. You gave me a purpose, a reason to fight, a reason to live."

"Very well, Chloe," I finally relented, my voice heavy with emotion. "But know this: Don't go killing yourself idiot, I will do everything in my power to ensure that such a situation will not occur."

"Thank you, my lord," she whispered, her voice filled with gratitude. "I am yours to command."

I embraced her, holding her close as the carriage continued its journey She felt asleep in my arms. She hasn't healed well.

Why our conversation turn so dramatic? I caught Chole's self-determination and acted.

The carriage wheels crunched against the gravel road as we pulled into the Tranquil Cove. We have reached Marina's home, a Cozy grove nestled amidst blooming wildflowers. They are waiting outside

Marina, a bright-eyed girl of nine who loved smart beyond her years, clung tightly to her mother's hand as we approached. Her mother, a kind-hearted woman with a gentle smile, greeted us warmly.

"Ethan, my dear," she said, her voice filled with trust. "I know you will take good care of my little Marina."

My eyes met Marina's. "Hello, Marina," I said softly, extending my hand. "I'm Ethan. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She gazed at me with wide, curious eyes, her small hand tentatively reaching out to grasp mine. As our fingers touched, a tingling sensation ran through my body, I can feel her power. She is an oracle, she seemed bit shy to talk

I gave her a reassuring smile and gently patted her head.

A wave of calmness seemed to wash over her as her tiny shoulders relaxed. With a shy smile, she took a step closer with her curious gaze.

"Come with me, Marina," I said, taking her hand and leading her towards the carriage. "I will take care of you."

Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she climbed into the carriage, her gaze fixed on the plush interior. I lifted her onto my lap, settling her comfortably against me.

We continued our journey towards Driftwood City, Marina remained quiet, her eyes darting between me, Chloe, and Charlie. Occasionally, she would reach out to touch my face. The driver was Mother's personal maid who she rented me to take care of me.

It was like she was my daughter. Maybe I should have one. Should I do it with Kimora or Seraphina? Wait I already did it, when will they have pregnancy?